Thread: Is Android app the same as the iOS app?

Is Android app the same as the iOS app?

Hello everyone.
    Creating apps for Android and for iOS may seem very similar to the untrained eye, but the truth is that each of these two operating systems has its own peculiarities. There are many differences between Android and iOS − both in the technical foundations of app development and in the process of building an application itself.

And not only at the technical level of Android and iOS development but also in terms of design and app marketing strategy. In other words, the whole concept of an app will be depending on the chosen operating system. Developers who are switching from one operating system to another, with a completely different programming language, will notice the dissimilarities.
    Thank you.

hi,
    The Android and iOS operating system are each programmed in different programming languages. This is exactly the biggest difference: iOS apps run on Objective-C / Swift, while Android apps run on Java.

Hi, I understand that both of you are addressing this from the developer standpoint, but I'm curious about the user end. Is the Android version and the OS version close enough that people could be using both in the same class? I am going to meet with an Android user and compare the app to the App on my iPad Pro, I know the performance is probably different, but I understand the interface is very much alike?

The IOS App and android app is totally different to each other .

I see it's been a while, but I wanted to chime in and say that you're absolutely right. Developing apps for Android and iOS can be quite different, as each platform has its own unique set of technical and design requirements. My friend, who helped to develop smart engines for both systems, shared this with me. While there may be some similarities in the overall process of creating an app, the differences in programming language and platform-specific features mean that developers must approach each platform differently.
    Last edited by DamienVee; 03-18-2023 at 12:14 AM.

linahs

Quote Originally Posted by jozefbehrmusicacademy View Post
    The IOS App and android app is totally different to each other .
    In terms of usability, I personally prefer using android!

Quote Originally Posted by vinay456 View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Creating apps for Android and for iOS may seem very similar to the untrained eye, but the truth is that each of these two operating systems has its own peculiarities. There are many differences between Android and iOS − both in the technical foundations of app development and in the process of building an application itself.

And not only at the technical level of Android and iOS development but also in terms of design and app marketing strategy. In other words, the whole concept of an app will be depending on the chosen operating system. Developers who are switching from one operating system to another, with a completely different programming language, will notice the dissimilarities.
    Thank you.
    No its not the same. Becasue both OS are different. If you want to same app on both devices then try react native.

Quote Originally Posted by vinay456 View Post
    Hello everyone.

Thank you.
    Android and iOS apps are not the same. While they may serve similar purposes and provide similar functionality, there are significant differences between developing apps for Android and iOS. These differences exist at both the technical and design levels, as well as in the overall app marketing strategy.