Thread: Poppy Field

Poppy Field

I am pretty new to Artrage (iPad) and have been playing around with the application for a while.
    I realise that a poppy field might be a bit of a cliche but it felt like a good subject to practice my technique and to try and develop some sort of artistic expression (This is my third take on the scene)

Some of the elements came out better than others (Isn't that often the case?!) but on the whole I'm really pleased. Interested in comments and thoughts from the group..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poppies_3.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	466.1 KB 
ID:	98920

I replied to your post in General Chat, so that's over there if you want to look at my reply about doing versions.

But for here I think this looks great and would look really rich on a wall. Has a nice golden ocher and vermilion palette which is feels rather lavish in it's elegance and simplicity. And of course there would be the connotation for some about the remembrance factor owing to what poppies represent. So yeah, I quite like the depth from the diffusion as the depth increases. That's particularly well achieved.

You should be well pleased.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you.. I will keep practicing..