Thread: Action hotkeys, hue jitter and fullscreen

Action hotkeys, hue jitter and fullscreen

Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding AR6.

Is there a way to bind a hotkey(like F1,F2 ...) to an action? Because now I need to use AHK to flip the canvas for example.
    Can I set hue jitter like in PS, where each continuous brushstroke is different in hue? Now it's jittering constantly, which make this jitter useful only for scattering brushes.
    Can I go fullscreen? I mean like full fullscreen?
    Thanks.

Hello Nouftein and welcome to the ArtRage forums

1:
    Yes, one of the “F” keys could be set as a shortcut in AR6’s ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ window to bring up the ‘Transform All Layers’ transform panel which will allow you to flip the entire painting.
    Or you can record and save all the steps needed to complete the flip as a single ‘Action’, though sadly at the moment you can not link a key combo directly to individual ‘Actions’ in AR6.
    So you would need to bring up the Actions window first and then run said action.
    If you are wanting a “one click” way of flipping a painting;
    If your input hardware allows a degree of customisations you could have a button set to send all the needed keyboard shortcuts, in sequence, to accomplish the flip with the press of just one button. (This is how I have set up my Wacom tablet. (and also a button on my Mac’s Touch Bar via an app called BetterTouchTool)

2:
    If you are using the ‘Sticker Spray’ tool, this can be done by clicking the ‘Spray Variation’ button in the tool’s ‘Settings’ panel. Hue, Luminance, Saturation, Alpha, Offset and more can all be adjusted there.
    If you are using the ‘Custom Brush’ tool then, again in the tool’s ’Settings’ panel click on the button marked ‘Brush Designer’. This will give access to all the tools’s settings.
    With both tools, once you have a brush you like you can save it as a new Preset.

3:
    Yes, there is a small diagonal double headed arrow button top right corner of the ArtRage window to toggle this. You can also set a key command for this in AR’s ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ window if you want.

I hope some of all that was of help to you!
    Stay Safe.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

1. Well it would be nice to see this feature in future versions.

2. Brush Designer is allowing only continuous jittering. Here's a pic from PS. I want to achieve the left result.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-04-07_193402.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	269.7 KB 
ID:	98882

3. No, this is not what I'm looking for. Double headed arrow button only maximizing the window.
    The closest i got so far is pressing Tab in maximized window, when only the windows taskbar is left visible.
    Last edited by Nouftein; 04-08-2020 at 04:51 AM.

I should have also mentioned earlier that if you just want to temporarily flip a painting while working on it, to visually check it for form and balance etc..., you can press and hold the H key to flip Horizontally or the V key to flip Vertically.
    But you can’t actually work on the painting while doing this. For that you would need to use one of the methods in my last post.

Which OS are you on?
    As regards to full screen, on Mac's the double headed arrow button puts AR into Full Screen. Giving all of the screen area over to ArtRage.
    And the Tab key hides all UI elements leaving just the canvas visible, apart from any open floating panels which will remain on screen.

In the Brush Designer, under the Colour Settings tab, the colour of each “dab” of colour put down by the brush head can be varied from the chosen base colour via the Vary Colour slider. If set to 100% you effectively get a multi hued rainbow brushstroke!
    Is this not what you are looking for?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 01.17.36.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	98890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 01.18.35.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	98891
    Last edited by markw; 04-08-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I suppose that fullscreen is working on mac 'cause there is no taskbar on mac. I'm on Win 10.

I already knew about this "vary" options in Brush Designer, my point is that I don't need variation for each "dab" I need it for each stroke, like in my example on the left. It makes painting look more traditional like when you mix real oil and your brushstrokes vary in hue. Because you don't mix paint in perfect proportions. In current state, this option in AR6 is pretty much useless, except if you are using a scatter brush. I think that Artrage devs need to consider this feature, it's a part of traditional painting simulation anyway.

Here is an option from photoshop that when disabled produces left example and when activated the right example.
    Name:  2020-04-08_042410.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  82.1 KB

Just bringing this to the top again.... still hoping for this function in the (near) future...