Thread: A boy

A boy

I painted this using Artrage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boy.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	98850

Nice subtleties which is always a challenge! I really like it. I imagine you got a perfect likeness as well. Great start to using the program. Looks like it was a matter of being "like a duck to water" like the old expression goes.

Welcome to the forums.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I imagine you got a perfect likeness as well.
    To be honest, not is this case at the end it was not so easy to deal with all the amount of paint on canvas, and, as I understood, AtrRage remember the amount of media applied and that is why at the end it is difficult to apply more paint

Interesting. You sound like a traditional painter.

Anyway, others might chime in with their ideas of work arounds. I think there are various ways to do it, although I only have worked on a desktop computer and don't know what one can do with the app in mobile devices. I would only know if I were actually in the program and fiddling about trying this and that.

I'm vaguely recalling that there's a way to reduce the paint viscosity, but off hand I can't recall how. Aside from that, using layers can let you start on that new layer opaquely so the original marks don't matter. You can sample the color you want from the underlying paint and then on a new layer place the mark where you want it.

Anyway, hope you find a way to make what you want to happen do so. Even with your limitations, it's a really cool boy's head you did.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you. I had some small expirience with traditional media, but since it's just like a hobby for me so I switched to digital - it's faster and you don't need to worry about oils, canvases or staff like that, you know. Although, what compares to the power of painting with real oils.
    Last edited by cinematik; 03-29-2020 at 11:37 PM.