Thread: Text in layer, easy question for profys

Text in layer, easy question for profys

Hey
    I am a beginner, 1 questions, i want to put text/words in a layer. Text/words referring to images. Trachea, bronchi, aorta etc. But for every new word it makes a new layer. How can I put all referring words in ONE layer. Thanks for helping. Paul in spain

Hello Paul and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Yes, in general that will happen.
    If you want to change or add to an existing line of text, make sure that you have the text layer you wish to edit selected and the Text tool selected.
    Then click within the body of text where you wish to make your edit and/or add more text.

To help keep multiple text layers under control, if I am using the text tool in AR, I tend to keep those layers in a group all of their own in the Layers Panel.
    To make a Group in the Layers Panel, click the ‘Add Layer Group’ button at the bottom of the Layers Panel (it has an image of a folder on it) and then drag each Text Layer into the newly made group. You can also rename Groups the same as you can Layers to help identify what’s in them. You can also add Groups within Groups too.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks a lot, yeah i a made now a group called text and put layers in. I am busy with writing a book and wanna do al my illustrations .. Again thanks, paul from spain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TEXT LAYERS GROUP.png 
Views:	226 
Size:	310.5 KB 
ID:	98822