Thread: Blurred Selection question.

Question Blurred Selection question.

Hi Joe here, a new member of the forums.

One thing about Artrage that I've always been curious about is that when you make a selection to move or resize something, whatever is in the selection gets blurred. This is especially frustrating when you're creating sharp line art. Is there any way to move or resize a selection without it blurring? hopefully I'm not bringing up an old topic or missing something obvious. Thanks for any help.

-Joe

Hello Joe and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    First off, do you have ‘Force Whole Pixel Alignment’ turned 'On' in AR’s preferences? Preferences > Advanced Preferences > Force Whole Pixel Alignment.
    If it is turned 'Off' then turn it 'On'!

If that on it’s own doesn’t fix it, it could be the version of AR that you are using.
    There was an issue a year or so back with whichever point release of AR5 was around that March/April, where the ‘Force Whole Pixel Alignment’ wasn’t being honoured when using the Transform Tool in ‘Free’ mode, but was subsequently fixed in a later release of AR5.
    You can read that original thread here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...138#post529138
    It’s fixed in the last available version of AR5 which is v5.0.9.
    If you log into your account in the 'Members Area' where you registered your copy of AR5 you can download that last version.

Hopefully the above will get you sorted but if it dosn't and this is happening to you in AR6 despite ‘Force Whole Pixel Alignment’ being On, then you may need to give some more detailed info and screenshots etc... about your setup and what's happening.
    Last edited by markw; 03-14-2020 at 11:55 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hey Markw, Thanks for the reply.

The setting was enabled but I am still having the issue, disabled it and reenabled it as well, same thing.

I had this issue in Artrage 5 and am now experiencing it in Artrage 6. Are there any other suggestions you might have to resolve this?

Well, that’s all very disappointing
    I still don’t think I’m seeing this though here in AR6 on my Mac. Which OS are you on?
    Could you post some screenshots and/or a link to a screen recording of your process that demonstrates the blurring?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram