Thread: Charles Leclerc caricature Formula 1 driver (Ferrari)

Charles Leclerc caricature Formula 1 driver (Ferrari)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200305_194506.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	98737 i had a lot of fun with this one. I was watching the Netflix documentary about formula one.. Just needed to do a drawingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200303_194145_591.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	98738 sketch drawing...
    Last edited by danny72; 03-06-2020 at 09:26 AM.

I like the drawing and painting combination. It's really terrific on each level, but combined side by side it speaks to the craft of creating which can really lend an additional level of appreciation for the viewer. Showing the process also adds and element of Time from the inception of the idea to the next step and the next. I remember seeing construction work being done on the Statue of Liberty when it was being constructed in France, with all the scaffolds and so forth. It very much enhanced my appreciation of the creation of the monument.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I like the drawing and painting combination. It's really terrific on each level, but combined side by side it speaks to the craft of creating which can really lend an additional level of appreciation for the viewer. Showing the process also adds and element of Time from the inception of the idea to the next step and the next. I remember seeing construction work being done on the Statue of Liberty when it was being constructed in France, with all the scaffolds and so forth. It very much enhanced my appreciation of the creation of the monument.
    Thank you DAkey! I wanted to show the drawing schetch of the body also. Some guy wrote to me and said that i cheat.. Digital art is crap.. I don't cheat. I have referens of course.. But draw everything myself..

Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    Thank you DAkey! I wanted to show the drawing schetch of the body also. Some guy wrote to me and said that i cheat.. Digital art is crap.. I don't cheat. I have referens of course.. But draw everything myself..
    Ask this naive fool what he thinks of classical art when they started using the grid (having a grid between the artist and model and a corresponding grid on the paper of canvas), or when they used camera obscura (projecting from a hole in a tent onto a canvas), or they had lenses where they were able to project onto a canvas to trace, or the photographic camera taking photos instead of painting from life and compositing images from it. Sculptors also had their tricks and used calipers to measure. And let's not forget the artists who used apprentices and assistants to do a whole lot of the work.

Just because he is ignorant of old master's techniques doesn't mean that artists haven't been using assists from devices for a long long time. Besides, just because one uses available tools doesn't mean they can't draw, as you show. Huge names, many of whom I'm sure he reveres, used tricks.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Ask this naive fool what he thinks of classical art when they started using the grid (having a grid between the artist and model and a corresponding grid on the paper of canvas), or when they used camera obscura (projecting from a hole in a tent onto a canvas), or they had lenses where they were able to project onto a canvas to trace, or the photographic camera taking photos instead of painting from life and compositing images from it. Sculptors also had their tricks and used calipers to measure. And let's not forget the artists who used apprentices and assistants to do a whole lot of the work.

Just because he is ignorant of old master's techniques doesn't mean that artists haven't been using assists from devices for a long long time. Besides, just because one uses available tools doesn't mean they can't draw, as you show. Huge names, many of whom I'm sure he reveres, used tricks.
    So true everything.. I had a Rough day today.. The internet can be brutal... When you post someting, there is always someone who don't like it and need to write it on the internet.. Not everybody understand caricature. I follow a formula one page on Facebook. Share my work.. That was a big mistake.. Some People where nice, other where terrible.. So i close it down.. Not fun.. But i have to believe in myself.. Hard not to be senitive about it only..

You're an artist now and a good one. You will forever have people sniping at you out of jealousy. Artists often have the failing of being insecure. Many of them act on that and try to look good by knocking you down especially to others. Don't let them.

On the other hand you will likely develop a following of people who love your work and some artists will look at you as an inspiration. You must learn to separate the voices and not give the power of your remaining un-rattled over to people who mean you no good. You have to be strong in who you are and protect yourself. It's part of the artist's dance.

For the nasty ones, in the words of my people: Fuck 'em.

You're an artist now and a good one. You will forever have people sniping at you out of jealousy. Artists often have the failing of being insecure. Many of them act on that and try to look good by knocking you down especially to others. Don't let them.

On the other hand you will likely develop a following of people who love your work and some artists will look at you as an inspiration. You must learn to separate the voices and not give the power of your remaining un-rattled over to people who mean you no good. You have to be strong in who you are and protect yourself. It's part of the artist's dance.

For the nasty ones, in the words of my people: Fuck 'em.
    Thank you DAkey! Like always.. I appriciate you, and that you always take your time to write to me.. It helps alot