ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: a Light experiment

hwri013 Guest

a Light experiment

Hi,

this is one my first mostly-finished pictures - I keep starting new ones - and was hoping for feedback on the compostion, colour, lighting and figure.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Hwri013, I think that you have made a very nice picture here. The colors feel good to me and the composition feels right. The dark shape on the back of the figure is like an arrow, pulling us into the picture and the light streaming down from the top holds us in there. The left hand looks a little awkward to me. Maybe its just the exaggerated backwards bend. Anyhow, I think this is good and I would call it an 'Abstract Realist' work.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

You're going in a good direction. Keep at it please.

i think this is really great. i think it has a great fantasy type feel to it. the colours really draw you into the picture.

hwri013 Guest
    Thanks for your comments, I have kept them in mind :wink: here's another, in which I again made heavy use of the palette knife.
    Any criticism is welcome :roll:
    Attached Images Attached Images