Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi! Artwork by me

Hi! Artwork by me

So... this first post is a 2-part post. After realising that this forum exists (had ArtRage for something like 3 years now and never thought about it before) I'm keen to share some things, but first, a question.

I happened upon the forum while looking for an artist I found on DeviantArt some years ago. It was his work that first notified me of ArtRage and the amazing potential it had. Now... I can't remember his name. I believe he is Spanish, or from a Spanish-speaking country, and his works mainly featured a skeleton in surreal scenes. Can't find him on the featured artists pages on the main site...if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be happy to rediscover his work.

Anyway... I mainly work using a mixture of PS and AR, as I have many of my own PS brushes but also love the textures and colour mixes that come alive in ArtRage. The first was painted 100% in AR (almost entirely with the palette knife), then there are a few for which I relied on ArtRage pretty considerably to achieve the look I wanted. Hope someone enjoys them, and I look forward to browsing these forums a little!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	98013

Name:	image7.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	98014
    Last edited by bluesungfruit; 09-06-2019 at 01:57 AM. Reason: centre images

Name:	image3.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	98015

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	353.0 KB 
ID:	98016

OMG! I am very excited to see your work here. These are beautiful palettes--nice compositions. Stunning. Your first one reminds me of the Japanese Anime "Tokyo Esp" and it is my favorite by the way--I also just like fish. Did you do some experimenting with the stencils? I just starting fooling around with them but I am using them to try to preserve the integrity of my pencil work--I'm on the fence so far but its looking hopeful. These are really something. I hope I get to see more.

Thank you. Nice to be able to show these to some fellow AR users!

Have not played with stencils at all yet. My favourite thing is certainly the palette knife (as you can surely tell - left a lot of really obvious knife marks across 3 of these 4 pictures!), and I have made pieces incorporating oil brush, pastel, roller, pencil... but haven't spent much time experimenting with other things yet. Am keen to try something based in the watercolour tool. Will post as and when something occurs!

Wow these are wonderful I am especially drawn to the second one.
    Look forward to seeing more of your work

Thank you.

You must be some kind of oddball The second one tends to be looked at with confusion and/or slight disgust by most people...

Quote Originally Posted by bluesungfruit View Post
    Thank you.

You must be some kind of oddball The second one tends to be looked at with confusion and/or slight disgust by most people...
    Maybe because I am an Englishman, known to be a bit strange .
    LOL

These paintings are exceptional, it really shows how powerful the palette knife can be!

Cool stuff. My personal favorite is the wave. Great movement. Nice colors and shapes. But they're all well painted.

You're on a roll. Keep the momentum going!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you. Yeah it's my go-to tool at the moment at various stages along the process, and has been a steady favourite for a while (the first image here was done 2-3 years ago).

I keep telling myself to branch out and explore but there is also something to be said for finding a comfortable workflow and.. well, flowing with it...