Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glasson Dock, a port in the UK's Morecambe Bay

Glasson Dock, a port in the UK's Morecambe Bay

Glasson Dock is a small harbour in the north-west of England - once a major medieval shipbuilding port but now a quiet harbour for yachting enthusiasts. Done with airbrush, watercolour and pastel tools. Early morning, sun coming up... Just a quick sketch, no detail, an impression...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glasson Dock.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	306.6 KB 
ID:	98600

I can hear the morning hush. Very placid.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Very Clean. Almost makes me want to be there.
    Love one another.-Jesus

Glad you like it - thanks.

Mike

I live not too far away and work near Blackpool - Captured it beautifully.

Thanks - and give my regards to Lancashire! I did a (real) pen & ink sketch of nearby Cockersands Abbey many, many years ago. Must get there again and paint it properly.

Mike

That's a fair jaunt from where you are - I visited East sussex, Lewes for an art journal weekend some time ago and it was a 9 hour drive, but the traffic was exceptionally bad !! - Some great arty inspiration though.Name:  30370247605_656db63c35_w.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  28.7 KB
    This would be a good one of the ancient Abbey, Heysham point, if you are ever over this way again.

I know Heysham well. I did a sketch of the churchyard and some gravestones a few years ago. Further north, one of my favourite b&w pen drawings was of Arnside Tower, on the Silverdale-Arnside road. As you say, some inspiring sights - and sites - to paint. I have family in the Lancaster area, so make the pilgrimage occasionally...

I usually do Sussex-Lancaster in around 5-6 hours, with a break on the M6 Toll - but I've also had one or two horrendous journeys!

This painting has a light airy feeling, nice work.
    Like the way you highlight the boats drawing attention as a focal point against background trees that have some blur.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Excelente trabajo artístico... admiro la limpieza y nitidez del colorido...!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee