Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Problem with accentuated text

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3

    Problem with accentuated text

    In french, some text need an accent on the e , a or u like that , , or .
    With most of the fonts, I can enter such characters but, when I open Artrage and my file again, after having saved it and close Artrage, the accents disappeared or go in another place in the text.
    For this type of accent it doesn’t work at all.
    It seams to be a bug.
    Do you know a way to avoid it.
    I use Artrage 7.
    Thanks for yours answers...
    Last edited by Mabilo; 02-04-2020 at 12:42 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,160
    Hello Mabilo and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    This is quite likely to be only something one of the developers can address as there are no settings other than the ability to choose which language AR6’s UI runs in.
    You can contact the ArtRage team here: [email protected]
    Give as much info as you can about the problem and info about your Operating System and the version of ArtRage you are using.
    Hope you can find a solution soon.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

    Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 6.1.1 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.14.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3
    Thanks markw for your advice. I’ll do as you told...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    209
    In the meantime, I use Open Office to create the text for my painting, take a screen "snip" of it which I save as a png, then import that png into my painting. I use "remove color matte" since the text will be on a white background. There is often some edge-weirdness on the imported text, so I "lock transparency" and go over the text with the ink pen in the same color of the text. I hope this makes sense or I can show an example.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    209
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OPEN OFFICE ON FRONDS.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	488.3 KB 
ID:	98650 Top left is the snip I took from the Open Office document. Under that is the "Remove Color Matte" stage -- you can see the strange halo around the text. Third is the same text after I locked transparency and went over with the ink pen in black, then turquoise, then gray. On the right/perpendicular, I used the Transform tool to enlarge the text and you can see that it stays quite crisp.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3

    Good idea !

    Ill try it ! Thank you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    1
    The post is very useful to me, thanks for more information shares with me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •