Thread: The Post House Café

Cool The Post House Café

Just finished a commission - for a local café owner. It's called "The Post House" because the whole building used to be the village Post Office. The PO is now next door. I used my favourite combination of the ink, chalk and airbrush tools. The chalk is particularly useful for getting that "seen through a window" effect!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post House Café rev 1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	405.7 KB 
ID:	98483
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post House Café rev 1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	341.8 KB 
ID:	98481  
    Last edited by Mike A; 01-24-2020 at 05:13 AM.

Huh - don't know how the picture appeared twice! Anyway, here's a snippet from one of the windows - blown up - very Cubist! :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post House Café mini view.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	98484

Hi MIKE A Blimey I just wouldn't know how to or wear to Start as l'am

CIAO Ploos IVAYA CON DIOS

It's all time, time, time - I'm the slowest illustrator in the world - and it's all trial and error. Anyway - thankyou - appreciated!

Mike

Just smashing, Mike! Really clean and your colors are working great, almost like they're infused with life.

Hey, there's nothing at all wrong with trial and error. People cutting into new territory have to. Hanging in there to get it just right is the trick. And you really made it breathe, which is a bit of a trick when using primarily flat colors and shapes. Great design.

I trust they loved this gem.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    Huh - don't know how the picture appeared twice! Anyway, here's a snippet from one of the windows - blown up - very Cubist! :-)
    Hah! Yeah, definitely got a 50s vibe. Let me fetch my bongos and read some poetry.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Excelente y original estilo... Muy bueno!!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Muchas graçias damasoci!

Mike

Neat illustration style painting, did you hand paint all the lettering or use font options on some or all?
    This painting has a style that is unique, the way shadows are cast is uniform and looks correctly done. The way the legs on the two humans have a dark and light contrast due to shading cast while moving is interesting.
    Very good composition and balance in the painting.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Thanks for the comment - all the lettering was done by hand. I've never used the "fonts" utility in ArtRage.