Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Brush Potluck Thread

Custom Brush Potluck Thread

I'm sure many of you have been hard at work customizing your own custom brushes.

Let's post, share, discuss and give any feedback for our favorite custom brushes (AR5 and AR6) in this thread !!

I hope many of us can build up a little free library here and that this becomes an ongoing thread where all shared custom brushes can live!

I've posted these elsewhere already but here are a few of my contributions:

For blending while painting (AR5 and AR6):
    AR5DOsBrushyBlender.arpack

For blending colors (AR6):
    AR6DOsPaletteBlender.arpack

One of my favorites for making realistic oils (AR6 - Tweak Intensity 25-45 and Canvas Roughness 25-45 as needed)
    AR6DOsCustomBrush.arpack

Thank you very much!

Yes ... thanks !

You are welcome... feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by cherie.b View Post
    Thank you very much!
    You’re welcome! Comments feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by dannac View Post
    Yes ... thanks !

You’re welcome! What do you think of the brushes?

I don't paint or blend (I'm not a digital artist, I'm a digital "craft-ist") but I was pleased that now I can make a square eraser, as well as some other pointy eraser heads. I used to erase using stencils if I needed a nicely defined corner erased out of an image. The brush head for the eraser is easy to make, of course -- just a square or triangle that I can apply like sticker spray, except that now I have the ability to make any shape function as an eraser.
    I have enjoyed other people's donations of custom brushes to create texture stencils, if that makes sense... I love this new feature.
    I want to use your "blending while painting" brush on a project I'm starting soon -- so thank you, DarkOwnt

You're welcome suellen!

Let me know if the brush works out for you!

Hi DarkOwnt!

I really love this brushes with their creamy effect. Verry useful for me. Thanx verry much!

But there was one issue I noticed by using the BrushyBlender. It blends only the color, it has no effect on the texture of the brushstrokes, as you can see on the left picture below. That is not realistic, I think. So I made a little modification (the right picture). It's not perfect. I couldn't find any other opportunities to change the behaviour the way I wanted than activating "Apply Paint Texture" in the "Texture"-Section and drag the "Loading"-Ruler to "1%". Maybe another texture could help. But I am not sure about that. What do you think about it?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Somerset! Glad you like the brushes. The brushy blender was made for AR5 so yes it was not thick paint textured but compatible with AR6.

I like your variation, it looks very nice! I really like the look of the strokes.

A little trick I use to make a blender which is consistent with the other brushes I am painting with (bristling, texture thickness, grain etc) is to take my normal brush and simply convert it into a pure blender and save it! Then every thing you do looks just as if you pushed the same brush around in the paint.

You could try doing this with my favourite brush.

Cheers!