Thread: Mario Lemieux - Pittsburgh Penguins caricature

Mario Lemieux - Pittsburgh Penguins caricature

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200114_183825.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	98423 I did this one just for me. I'm not a Penguins fan, but Lemieux was a great player. 😉

Another score! Love the expression on his face.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you! There has been some interest from Canada to do some thing with my NHL drawings.. But those people wanted me to draw 3 to 5 players from all the nhl teams(150 drawings)in one year... I can't do that.. That would take me a lifetime ��

Always a pleasure viewing your charming caricatures, Danny. Another success here.

Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    Thank you! There has been some interest from Canada to do some thing with my NHL drawings.. But those people wanted me to draw 3 to 5 players from all the nhl teams(150 drawings)in one year... I can't do that.. That would take me a lifetime ��
    Wow! Well, even if it's something you cannot accomplish because of the time restrictions and the volume of work, it's still to your credit they want you and you should indeed take it as an affirmation of how good you've gotten.

As to commissioning 150 drawings, that would have to be a pretty large price tag for them. They would use those caricatures a lot in promotions and so forth. If you do take on commissions, one has to bear in mind that it is essentially a business once money starts getting talked about and you have to place a value on your time. You're no longer merely a fan. You have to decide whether you want to make money with your skills. (Plus you don't want to take on such a big task that it will break your back in the process. Plus you would have people wanting you to change stuff and that's a frustration as well.) So moderation is not a bad thing.

I can't tell you how great this is hearing what you're accomplishing and the feedback from the world. Awesome. Go man go!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Wow! Well, even if it's something you cannot accomplish because of the time restrictions and the volume of work, it's still to your credit they want you and you should indeed take it as an affirmation of how good you've gotten.

As to commissioning 150 drawings, that would have to be a pretty large price tag for them. They would use those caricatures a lot in promotions and so forth. If you do take on commissions, one has to bear in mind that it is essentially a business once money starts getting talked about and you have to place a value on your time. You're no longer merely a fan. You have to decide whether you want to make money with your skills. (Plus you don't want to take on such a big task that it will break your back in the process. Plus you would have people wanting you to change stuff and that's a frustration as well.) So moderation is not a bad thing.

I can't tell you how great this is hearing what you're accomplishing and the feedback from the world. Awesome. Go man go!!!!
    Thank you! I appreciate you very much with the comments you give.. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Always a pleasure viewing your charming caricatures, Danny. Another success here.
    Thank you Alexandra! :-)