Thread: Feature Request : Brrush size by Slider

Red face Feature Request : Brrush size by Slider

Hi,

Setting Brush size by % is'nt tablet friendly at all. (slower the workflow)
    it need to be a slider, please.

I wish the color picker were more accessible, not a tool, but a floating palette
    or a shortcuts to easily switch between Brush and color picker.
    Alt is a common shortcut for this tool, returning to brush when alt not pressed.

you have the best oil brush avaliable.
    Keep up the good work.

Hello bdlapierre,
    In general both these requests should be possible for you now.
    There are currently 3 ways to set brush size;
    1: Type in a number between 1% and 500%. And yes, this is really cumbersome!
    2: In Classic mode, click and drag left/right in the bottom left tool panel where it is displaying the current tool size. Works between 1% to 100%
    2a: In Docked mode, click and drag left/right on the size % that’s being displayed in the top Toolbar. Works between 1% to 100%.
    3: (My preferred method) Hold down Shift and click & drag left/right anywhere on the canvas. Gives the full range of 1% to 500%.
    I have the forward button on my pen set to mimic Shift and it makes changing size super fast!
    Why 2 & 2a above don’t allow you sizes larger than 100% I’ve never understood?

As for the Colour Picker, this really should be working for you as you describe already.
    In all recent versions of AR holding down the Alt key temporarily disengages the brush so you can sample a colour.
    I would note also that when you sample a colour while using the Alt key shortcut, the sampling will be performed using the current settings for the Sampler Tool. So make sure they are configured to your liking first before using the Alt shortcut.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello bdlapierre,
    In general both these requests should be possible for you now.
    There are currently 3 ways to set brush size;
    1: Type in a number between 1% and 500%. And yes, this is really cumbersome!
    2: In Classic mode, click and drag left/right in the bottom left tool panel where it is displaying the current tool size. Works between 1% to 100%
    2a: In Docked mode, click and drag left/right on the size % that’s being displayed in the top Toolbar. Works between 1% to 100%.
    3: (My preferred method) Hold down Shift and click & drag left/right anywhere on the canvas. Gives the full range of 1% to 500%.
    I have the forward button on my pen set to mimic Shift and it makes changing size super fast!
    Why 2 & 2a above don’t allow you sizes larger than 100% I’ve never understood?

As for the Colour Picker, this really should be working for you as you describe already.
    In all recent versions of AR holding down the Alt key temporarily disengages the brush so you can sample a colour.
    I would note also that when you sample a colour while using the Alt key shortcut, the sampling will be performed using the current settings for the Sampler Tool. So make sure they are configured to your liking first before using the Alt shortcut.
    Thank you very much for this detailed reply and great advices.

I need to learn using Artrage a bit more, I'm afraid.