Thread: Importing photos

Question Importing photos

I'm a 91 yr old novice and I'm wondering just how to import photos into the Artrage screen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello Diction and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Well, there are several ways to get an image into ArtRage, depending on what exactly you want to do with the image in ArtRage.

If ArtRage is not running and you drag & drop an image onto the ArtRage app icon, ArtRage will launch and open a canvas of the same pixel dimensions as the image, with the image forming the first layer.

If ArtRage is already running;
    Drag & drop an image file onto the app icon and a window will open asking you what you want AR to do with said file. Pick one of the options.
    Or;
    In the menubar, go to; File > Import image File to Layer.
    In the window that opens navigate to your desired image and select it. This will bring the image into the existing painting where you can position, scale and rotate it as required and then hit Enter
    Or;
    In the menubar, go to; File > Import Image File… Again a navigation window will open. Find your desired image and select it.
    This time AR will create a new painting based on the pixel dimensions of the image, with the image as the first layer.

Images can also be brought into ArtRage as a Tracing or as References.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram