Thread: Artrage 6 Freezes on Save (Windows 10)

Exclamation Artrage 6 Freezes on Save (Windows 10)

I'm using the full version of Artrage 6.1.2 on Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.914).
    I recently installed Artrage on my new Windows computer, and it seems very responsive until I try to save the painting. When I try to save, Artrage stops responding, and eventually I have to kill the process.

I'm working with a 10Kx10K image, and I've tried saving smaller images; that seems to work. Similar images have saved successfully on my Macbook Pro, but on my PC it just freezes. There's also a black rectangle around the progress bar, which I found a bit odd.

Is it possible this has something to do with the fact I'm using some of the new custom brush features in Artrage 6?

If you were attempting to save a file to one of your personal folders (document, pictures, etc.) the crash may be due to a W10 feature, "controlled folder access."

Invoke "Updates and Security)--> Security-->Antivirus and threat protection --> (scroll down to) Controlled Folder Acces.
    Open "recently blocked apps". If Artrage appears, "allow access" should fix this. If it does not appear as a recently blocked app, the problem is elsewhere.

Thank you so much! I will try your suggestion and see if it works.

Controlled Folder Access was already turned off, but good to know.

Painting file is 1.5 GB in size.
    Save - 0% … - 5m later 100% - Even at 100% it's a few minutes before the program finishes saving and is responsive.
    Sometimes: "Program has stopped responding: wait for program to respond" but give it 5-10m and it does save.

The save is like this: gets to about 4% saved quickly, then a few minutes before increases to 100% but hangs there for maybe 10 minutes before finishing.

Same behavior whether I'm saving to my local solid state drive or external hard drive.

ArtRage 6.1.2 - 64 bit.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    WDC SSD
    6 CPU Core, CPU is i5-8600K - 3.60GHz.
    WD My Passport 25E2 USB Device - Device is working properly.
    WDC WDS100T2BOA-00SM50 - Device is working properly.
    Memory on PC is 16gb - while saving changes from about 3 GB to 5.3 GB memory, but not maxing out.

From Resource Monitor:
    CPU 28% usage, but I may be misreading and could be 100%; "Artrage not responding", disk I/O up and down

That's a large image. I wonder if some other users could mention the largest sizes they have worked with?

How many layers?

Using version 6 app keeps crashing trying to save. Using a new Surface Pro 7

Reply to message below I also have the same problems with my Windows 10 when saving painting. Lost artwork due to giving up the screen freezes on save & turns grey standstill for over an ⏳ hour.

Reduced size of Painting to 40x40 cm 400 pixels with 3 layers. And still screen freezers.

Does anybody have any answers.

On this occasion did not have a chance to save as export file.

QUOTE=Peregrin;531525]I'm using the full version of Artrage 6.1.2 on Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.914).
    I recently installed Artrage on my new Windows computer, and it seems very responsive until I try to save the painting. When I try to save, Artrage stops responding, and eventually I have to kill the process.

I'm working with a 10Kx10K image, and I've tried saving smaller images; that seems to work. Similar images have saved successfully on my Macbook Pro, but on my PC it just freezes. There's also a black rectangle around the progress bar, which I found a bit odd.

Is it possible this has something to do with the fact I'm using some of the new custom brush features in Artrage 6?[/QUOTE]