Thread: What about painting in mirror mode?

What about painting in mirror mode?

What a great opportunity there was in ArtRage5 - press "H" and you can paint in mirror mode! Why was it excluded in ArtRage6?

Tools > Paint Symmetery > Mirrored Symmetry is still there. You will need to setup a Keyboard Shortcut under Edit > Set Keyboard Short Cuts > Symmetry Commands > Mirrored Symmetry

I think 2wx might be referring to flipping the entire canvas while painting by holding down the H key and still being able to paint. Unfortunately this was a bug in the Windows version of AR and shouldn't have worked at all. And in fact was never possible to do in the Mac version.
    But I have a workaround, which works on both Mac and Windows, for it in my post regarding this here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...576#post530576
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thank you, Mark, I know this method and use it - involuntarily. But this is far from as convenient as painting in mirror mode, switching to it with the "H" button several times a minute to put maybe one or two strokes (for example, when drawing hair).