Thread: Ink Pen problem

Ink Pen problem

Hay, I see in User Manual this:

The ink pen is not affected by paper texture or canvas lighting.
    It will not mix as you draw over other media, such as oils and watercolours, and they in turn will not affect the ink if you paint over the lines.

But in reality I can see texture and water collor affect ink pen stroke, check this screen, orange is ink pen an green is water color:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRage - Untitled-5 2019-11-25 13.46.54.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	98254

What is wrong?

Hello samardac,
    Hum… I’ve looked through the documentation and I’m not sure about your quote for the Ink Pen tool. Which version of AR was that from?

I think the best way to think of AR’s ink is that it’s not a waterproof ink.
    If you put the ink down on top of other paint it will not mix with it.
    However if you put wet paint, like watercolour for example, on top of the ink then the new paint will mix with the ink underneath it.
    If you want the ink to behave like a waterproof ink then it’s best to keep it on it’s own separate layer to everything else.

With regard to canvas texture the Ink Pen doesn’t interact with it.
    The attached shows Ink Pen and Watercolour brush on AR’s Basic paper.
    The two lines were made by holding down the cmd/ctrl key and drawing out a perfect strait line to avoid variables being introduced from slight changes in hand movement or pressure.
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-11-25 at 14.24.30.png
Views: 404
Size:  135.9 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hay, thanks for unswer, I find it here:
    artrage.com/manuals/natural-media-tools/ink-pen/ink-pen-settings/

Where can I get good manual?

As ArtRage sadly no longer ships with a PDF manual all the official documentation can now be found on the online help pages.

The information found on the page that you linked to, regarding the Ink Pen, interestingly is different than that given on this page which rightly makes no mention of being able to paint over an Ink line: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/natu...tools/ink-pen/
    On this page, the most relevant section to this discussion is in the list of the Ink Pen’s Features, and the first in that list about dryness:
    1. Dryness: Inked lines dry immediately so they do not interact with other paint on your Canvas. They will not blend or change their shape as you use them over other paint.

The statement you found would seem to be a long standing “typo” which has gone unnoticed and unremarked for some time now!
    Last edited by markw; 11-26-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thank you
    It would be greate to have option in Ink Pen- WaterProof. Because in real life we have Liners to make counturs and they are not mixed with water color.