Thread: A newbie... just getting to grips...

A newbie... just getting to grips...

Hi to all - my name is Mike, I'm 75 and live in West Sussex in the UK.

I've been using Artrage 5 - and now 6 - for about a year. My 8-year old grandson was bought a cheap art tablet and stylus by a relative and, when I gave him a hand to draw with it, thought I'd have a go myself. So, I bought a Wacom Intuos tablet and stylus and set to work on my Mac Book Pro.

My particular interest has been recording the village where I live - I have an archive of 6,000 photos taken over 30 years - and I'm particularly fond of Tudor buildings, of which there are many. Painting them is an opportunity to clarify the lines of the building and cut out modern-day stuff like TV aerials, satellite dishes, burglar alarm boxes, telegraph poles, double yellow lines, etc. etc...!

So here's my picture of a Tudor farmhouse out in the countryside. The land around it has been cleared for drainage, giving a good, if somewhat stark, view of the rear elevation. Painted with a mixture of ink, pastel and airbrush tools - and stickies...

Cheers,

Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Little Betley.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	864.1 KB 
ID:	98240

Congrats, dear new mate!
    It's pretty clear You are from UK looking at Your painting!
    Your start is really promising and at 75 You represent a quite new young generation among British Artragers in here .... ahahahah
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hiperealistic landscape i like very much . Very well done
    Visit my website here

Thanks for the kind words. I'm just a sucker for Tudor brickwork!

Hi Mike. What a great thing to have a subject of interest you can really dive into. I can only imaging being in the UK just how many places would be calling to you to have their "portrait" painted.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream