Thread: First Post

First Post

This is my first posting to the site. I'm really enjoying working with Artrage. Prior to finding it, I'd done no pixel painting. I did, however do several "wet on wet" paintings a la Bob Ross in the eighties. I'm finding Artrage much more relaxing--no pressure of ruining a perfectly good canvas with a bad painting. And you've got to love "undo".

Anyway, feel free to offer any suggestions. Other than buying a tablet, which I'm seriously considering.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Hi D-man777 - Very nice painting. Quite a unique lighting effect also. You did a great job defining form and texture.

Yeah, this Art Rage program is great. I just wish I had more time to play with it right now.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

Gallery
    View images
    Your first painting very beautiful. The apples look so delicious.

Welcome to the forum.

Gallery
    View images
    I like the glaze texture on the bowl.

It's very prominent in the picture. You must have liked it too to paint it so well. Almost as if the apples are secondary to it.

There's something about a good highlight that lets you play with native color changes to the object and keep them in place. You've got it happening on the apple skins as well.

Nice.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I've since completed the painting and I'll be posting it in the gallery.