Thread: Getting reference/tracing images from Google photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Getting reference/tracing images from Google photos

Hi,
    I have been using the Android version of ArtRage for several years and recently upgraded to ArtRage 6 for Windows. I am not finding anyway to get photos from my google photos account to use as reference or tracing images in the Windows version of ArtRage 6 like I am able to do for ArtRage for Android. Is there a way to do this?
    Thank you,
    Debi

Hello Debi and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    The desktop version of AR works slightly differently to the mobile versions as images that you want to use within it have to be in a location that your computer can navigate to before they can be loaded into AR.

Tracing images can be loaded in several ways;
    1: If Using AR in “Classic Mode”, click the pod marked ‘Tracing’ at the bottom right of the screen and navigate to the image you want to use.
    Once loaded clicking the Pod again opens the Tracing Panel where you can click the Menu Icon top right to access other options.

2: With AR already open, in the Menubar Go to View > Tracing Panel. (The default Windows shortcut to open the ‘Tracing Panel’ is; ctrl + Alt + T and on Macs; cmd + Option + T)
    Click in the centre of the panel to bring up a navigation window to choose a file to load from you computer.
    Once loaded you can click the Menu Icon top right to access other options.

3: Again with AR already open, Drag & Drop your desired image file onto the canvas.
    A dialog window will open asking what you would like AR to do with the image file, choose; ‘Create Tracing Image’
    Once loaded use ‘2’ above to access the Tracing Panel.

Reference Images can also be loaded in similar ways;
    1: If Using AR in “Classic Mode”, click the pod marked ‘Refs’ at the bottom right of the screen.
    In the panel that opens click the bottom left icon and navigate to the image you want to use. There is also a Menu icon top right of the panel where you can access some more options.

2: With AR already open, in the Menubar Go to View > Reference Panel. (The default Windows shortcut to open the ‘Reference Panel’ is; ctrl + Alt + R and on Macs; cmd + Option + R)
    In the panel that opens click the bottom left icon and navigate to the image you want to use. There is also a Menu icon top right of the panel where you can access some more options.

3: Again with AR already open, Drag & Drop your desired image file onto the canvas.
    A dialog window will open asking what you would like AR to do with the image file, choose; ‘Create Reference Image’
    Once loaded use ‘2’ above to access the Tracing Panel.

You can find more about Tracing & Reference images here: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/gett...nd-references/
    Last edited by markw; 10-11-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram