Thread: First Completed Art Rage 6 Landscape Painting.

Red face First Completed Art Rage 6 Landscape Painting.

Here is my first completed, or at least point where I decided to leave well enough alone Landscape Painting using Art Rage 6. The composition and subject matter of image objects is simple and basic.

Decided to experiment and tried a lot of different default brushes included with the Art Rage 6 program for this image.
    Painting was created using: Oil Brushes, Custom Brushes for leaves and clouds, Airbrush, Pencil, and Sticker Spray-Nature Stamps for Shrub Brush, Tree Shrub, Simple Leaves, Shaded Leaves, Shrub Brush 3d, Grass, and Cloud Brush.

Art Rage has definitely come a long way from their Art Rage 1 program released many years ago. There is a lot of different facilitating features you can use in this latest version 6 to help in creating landscape paintings. Well done Art Rage developers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First Art Rage 6 Landscape Painting.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	98100  
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

I really like those leaves on the right, they have a bristle brush dab look to them.
    Your landscape looks great!

Nice handling of all that detail, Stephen. Nice look to the piece. Could really go into that place for all the craft given to near and far.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

First Art Rage 6 Landscapd Painting Framed

Here is an example of how this digital painting looks with a custom created digital frame.
    The frame was added with a really good program that you can create digital frames with from scratch or if you prefer use some already designed frames within the program, sort of template types. Program name is U-Lead Photo Impact.

Name:	First Art Rage 6 Landscape Painting Framed 1.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	433.7 KB 
ID:	98125  
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Nice. There's dimension within the painting. Is there a way to add interest to the frame to give it a "fool the eye" or trompe l'oeil feel where it might feel like wood or fabric etc, and maybe angle a side or two perhaps a bit darker and cast a thin shadow onto the canvas? I'm sure you know what I mean -- just to separate the surfaces out. Right now it has a sort of vintage, Americana 2D flat feel which is quite nice in itself.

Anyway, the point is also that I was wondering if you get the frame on a separate layer with a window. That way you could definitely Photoshop in the added dimension easily.

Nice job, Stephen.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A Derivative Created From Above Image.

Here's an Alternative Version of the Above Painting With the Same Objective in Mind.

Name:	Start Up Landscape Painting Art Rage 6-4 4i.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	272.1 KB 
ID:	98248  

Derivative of First Painting With Custom Frame Added.

Here's an Alternative Version of the Above Painting With the Same Objective in Mind. This image has a custom designed frame added to the image using U-Lead Photo Impact software.

If Art Rage were to add some new features to a future version of this program custom framing would be on my wish list. That would be a valuable feature if you could generate your own custom made frames to finished art work created with the Art Rage software program in my opinion. For those with experience in natural media painting and drawing framing finished artwork is a priority for display.

Name:	Start Up Landscape Painting Art Rage 6-4 4i Signed Framed 2 R.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	98249  

Very interesting one (apart from the later entomological add-ons)
    Your paintings have a very original and rich style and somehow remind a little, for reasons I cannot fully understand, landscapes You may fin in some Italian paintings of the period from Giotto to early Renaissance.
    Bravo, dear Stephen!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!