Thread: Custom Brush as Eraser

Custom Brush as Eraser

AR 6
    How to use custom brush as eraser ?

Hello danna,
    On the Tool Settings panel for the Custom Brush, make sure you have the small ‘Erase Mode’ box ticked.
    Tip: Don’t forget that you can change the Opacity setting and generally mess around with the other tool settings too to fine tune the results.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello danna,
    On the Tool Settings panel for the Custom Brush, make sure you have the small ‘Erase Mode’ box ticked.
    Tip: Don’t forget that you can change the Opacity setting and generally mess around with the other tool settings too to fine tune the results.
    Thanks Mark ... was looking in eraser settings and never noticed the little box in custom brush settings.

Like this new feature.

I also love this new feature! But it is not easy to try to make a good brush as the panel for custom eraser brushes is white, and so I don't see the effects of the eraser until I try it out on the canvas.

Any idea of how to fill up the custom eraser panel with color to then try and mess with all the settings ?
    Most of my stuff is hosted there : http://burgzaza.deviantart.com/gallery/

Hello burgzaza,
    If making an eraser from scratch, I’ve started by making sure Erase Mode is not selected in the Settings panel before opening the Brush Designer.
    Once in the BD panel I just pretend that I’m erasing white paint to reveal black underneath!
    And when I come back out of the BD, activate Erase Mode and test for real before saving as a Preset.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

That feels obvious now that you've said it ^^ I shall use your method thanks Markw!
    Most of my stuff is hosted there : http://burgzaza.deviantart.com/gallery/