Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi! Artwork by me

Thanks. Working on new stuff as I type. Well, typing as I type, but about to be working on something...

Very nice artwork, I like them all.
    I like how the first one pulls me in, I think that tree in the center forces me to look past it, as well with the boat... plenty of depth. can't wait to see more of your work.

Thanks Chuck

New stuff

The ones posted previously were all at least a year old. By the beginning of this year I was gravitating away from AR, mostly using PS for a few months, for various reasons (laziness?)

Well, as I said before, palette knife is my go-to tool at the moment and I'm happy to be back with it. Here are a couple from the last week or so for which I depended on AR pretty considerably. All studies from my own photos but altering composition, lighting, etc to give the feel I wanted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-9-2.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	347.6 KB 
ID:	98043

Name:	2019-9-7.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	276.7 KB 
ID:	98044

Name:	2019-9-8 horses.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	98045

Nice images. I love the compositions and the solitary western vibe. Don't know if that was what you were after, but that's where I went with them -- from the outdoor family meal to the building walls to the horses. Southwestern perhaps? Dunno. But I really like the way you staged it all.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks. Yeah they are all on that vibe, and I veered more in that direction with each one, somewhat intentionally. Although the references... the first 2 are based on old family photos taken in Spain something around 15-20 years ago, and the horses were in Inner Mongolia (China). (I went to the Mongolian desert in 2006 with a coachload of Koreans. The horses in this image were wearing saddles and there were many more of them, so I threw my artistic license around a bit...)

I really like the perspective in these, the colors are light and pleasant to the eyes.
    Great job with the palette knife!

Nice work, in my opinion you have an excellent sense of using bright light highlights in your image to attract the viewer to a focal point.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Very nice paintings

Your paintings are very nice.

Thanks Chuck