Thread: Deleting A Stencil is Crashing Artrage 6 MAC OS

Deleting A Stencil is Crashing Artrage 6 MAC OS

I take my sketches and create stencils. I can then use them over and over again and maintain the integrity of the sketch line. This is very handy for maintaining the style of my drawing.

I have created a stencil of an Irish immigrant woman from the 1800's last night. Worked like a charm.

I decided to delete the stencil and followed the appropriate steps.

It asked me if I was sure I wanted to delete the stencil. I clicked on yes.

The program crashed.

Any thoughts? Is this something I am causing?

Hello Catmandolin,
    Humm… I’ve tried this 4 or 5 times now and still can’t induce a crash.
    Dose it only happen in one particular painting or indeed with just one particular stencil ?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

ok my process is to draw the sketch in the sketch book. I then use my phone to snap a picture--it auto uploads either to dropbox or google photos or both. I then download to my computer as a png file.

I import the photo into ar.....no problem ...and the stencil works fine....the problem is occuring in the favorites group and it has happened on original stuff and one sourced image ...all have been in the favorites folder.

now i just created a sketches folder to import into but have not tried that yet.

Oh this is a Mac Desk top Retina 2017 Mojave 10.14 if that helps. Mojave is the devil.

Ok, I just imported an image of a soldier unicorn and his little princess into the new folder. Transferred the sketch onto the canvas and removed the stencil. I worked on inking the sketch for a bit and then took a break and went back to delete the stencil. Crashed again.

If this is not happening to you. and no one else is having an issue then I may be forced to conclude that it is a conflict issue being created somewhere on my mac.

I don't have to remove the stencils directly from AR--can i just remove them from a folder or clean out a file with out damage to the ar application itself? I would be fine with that.
    Last edited by Catmandolin; 09-05-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Hi,
    Sorry but I still can’t induce a Stencils related crash here.
    I wonder if you can make a screen recording of it happening?
    You can’t post video directly on the forums so you would have to put it on a file sharing site and post the link here.

Yes you can manually delete or add stuff from/too the Content folder like Stencils etc… if you want. I’ve done it many times.
    Path: (User's home folder) > Library > Application Support > Ambient Design > ArtRage > Content
    If you do so while AR is running then you will need to restart AR for the changes to the Content folder to be recognised.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I will think about the screen recording. In the meantime, I am content to do it the second way. It's not a biggie. I just want to make sure I am not tying up the AR resources. I have a LOT of sketches I want to try this on. Have to go. My Dark OS overlord needs updating......