Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wacom Intuos Pro table properties

Hello again,
    Really sorry to see you still have found no cause & fix for this yet.
    A bit of a shot in the dark this but I see in the release notes for Windows driver 6.3.36-1 there is this note about a known driver problem; “Custom application specific settings may not work for multiple versions of the same application”.
    So I wonder do you have any other previous ArtRage apps i.e. 4.x, 5.x or 6.x etc… in the Wacom preferences?
    If so, have you tried removing all instances of ArtRage from the Wacom preferences, then re-adding only AR 6.0.10 back ?
    But make sure you have used the Tablet Utility to make a backup of your current settings first so you can easily get them back if needs be!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks for the reply. I only have the one, but I deleted it and reloaded, just to check. I have attached a shot of what I get when I hover over the keys on the tablet. I have only assigned Ctrl-z for undo for the bottom key as a test. As you can see, it shows the default Pan/Scroll. I have previously programmed all the keys but given the issues I am having, I just did the one for a test. Hope this helps.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tablet.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	98012

I don't want this issue to go unaddressed in this forum or at the Artrage headquarters, as the problem seems to lie somewhere within the Artrage interface. It seems as though, making a cursory stab at the problem, and then letting it drift off, unsolved, is good enough. If you need more input from me, or others that have experienced issue, I will be happy to oblige. Thanks!

Hello,
    I feel your frustration Zanzibarbob I really do, and wish I could tell you the solution to this vexing issue.
    But I’m am on a Mac and I can not reproduce this behaviour.
    I know from a recent post Andy, (the writer of ArtRage), made here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...577#post530577
    that even he at that point had not been able to reproduce the problem but is actively pursuing it still.

In your last screenshot (is that from the Cintiq or the IntuosPro?) I too find it odd that the Pan/Scroll button is still there and not showing it’s new name after you reassigned it.
    I wonder, could you post screenshots of your custom Wacom preferences/settings that you have setup for ArtRage. Another long shot perhaps, but it might yield a clue.
    Also, can you set any other On-Screen Controls for ArtRage that work? The grid panels ones as shown below.

As far as I am aware, (and I am only a forum member like yourself) only you and one other user, whitefantom, have posted about this problem here on the forums.
    This suggests to me that there may be something vary specific about your respective systems that may be an important factor here.
    But right now I am at a loss as to what that might be.

Name:  Screenshot 2019-09-06 at 12.15.15.png
Views: 696
Size:  232.7 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

I am on Windows 10 and attached is a shot of my settings. The default keys I posted before are the only thing I see from my Intuos Pro tablet, but I get the same behavior from my Cintiq. It would probably be helpful to try this on a Windows Computer. Thanks for replying. I would think that the Factory would monitor this board to remain apprised of potential issues. I hardly think I am unique as the problem appears on the two computers I have tried it on. Thanks again for replying.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settings.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	98018
    Last edited by zanzibarbob7; 09-07-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Thank’s for the screenshot. I still have no answer for you I’m afraid.
    And you are correct, if I was on Windows we would both be on the same playing field at least, which would be a massive help!

But just to clarify how far the tablet/s and AR6 are not talking to each other goes;
    ExpressKeys - not working with AR6.
    Touch Ring - ?
    On-Screen Controls - ?
    Pen Settings - ?

Can you get either the Touch Ring, On-Screen Controls and/or the Pen Settings to work with AR6 ? (Screenshots of my settings below)
    Also were you successfully using your Wacoms with a past version of ArtRage before ?
    If so which version of AR was it ? And would you be able to restore that version from a backup ?

Name:  Touch Ring.png
Views: 702
Size:  65.7 KBName:  On-Sreen Controls.png
Views: 781
Size:  81.4 KBName:  Pen.png
Views: 783
Size:  59.3 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

I have 6.0.10 and no backup version. It was the same issue for 6.0.9. The touch ring works for brush size and one of the other buttons works for the color picker, but these were default key assignments, not mine. I can't access the on screen "pie" menu, as you see I have assigned to the button below the touch ring. The tablet buttons, not the pen, which works, are not communicating via key inputs. I can use the tablet and keyboard shortcuts, but that is like buying a car and pushing it down the road because of a sticky valve. Now, if someone from the Factory, observed this thread, and had a Windows PC, which seems a lot to ask since they are so rare, they might be able to duplicate and address this issue. I have buried a raven in the yard, under a sacred bush, hoping that the sacrifice will prompt some action.

Did you find a solution? There has been no definitive answer expressed in this forum or from the factory. Interested to hear your comments. Thanks!

I'm still looking in to this issue. A different issue has kept me away from this one for a few days. (You ever have one of those weeks where everyone is clamouring for your attention at the same time?)
    Thanks for the additional information. I'll keep hunting for a solution for this one for you.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Here is a big surprise This issue is still here and ignoring it or pretending that it is an isolated issue does not correct it I am wondering, if this were my company, would it be the right move to have coffee and shuffle the problem under a few sheets of paper and hope for a miracle. A real shock is that praying (placebo), wishing (also a placebo) or a miracle, is not a reasonable option. If this is your course of action, then the government, not a software company, might be a better fit.