Thread: auto-save or Save Prompt upon quit

Unhappy auto-save or Save Prompt upon quit

Artrage 5 and the iOS version BOTH NEED AUTOSAVE! Procreate, Sketchbook pro, and Adobe ALL HAVE AUTO-Save or Save prompts. I accidentally lost a few hours work today when I only remembered to export my painting as a jpeg and forgot to save the .ptg file. This happens a lot.... I use a mac so I guess I could try to get in the habit of using the keyboard quit command that asks to save first... but I never remember. Luckily I do have a saved file from earlier today, and I DO have the jpg image.... I might have to import the jpeg as a new layer and erase around the areas that I had changed... And then merge them... but this should be easier. There should at least be a way to turn on a prompt to save the file when you quit. Both, on iPad and computer. I love the look of paint in art rage... very traditional looking without the hassle and mess of pulling out a paint palette and cleaning up after.... but no autosave or prompts make me want to quit using it sometimes!

IF there is a way to do this already... that I have not found, please tell me how. Thanks.

(double posting this in the iOS section and Desktop)

Hello Confusionofconformity,
    I only have the Desktop version of AR so can’t speak for iOS but I always get a warning window when closing a painting asking if I want to 'Save…', 'Don’t Save' or 'Cancel', just the same as I do when quitting the app completely.
    Can you explain further how you are closing a painting so that the Save prompt isn't triggered?
    It would be good to know if there is perhaps a bug on some systems that prevents the Save prompt from opening.

It’s also perhaps worth mentioning here that in AR’s Preferences the user can turn on ‘Save Backup Files’.
    Not quite the same as an Auto Save feature I know, but it will keep copies of a painting as it was at any given time when the Save command was used.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I found a third-party app that solves this problem somewhat. It's called Autosaver for Windows. It saves any documents in apps open on your computer at timed intervals - it basically presses CTRL-S for you every 5 mins (or 1, 2 minute.. you can change the frequency of saves). Sure, it can be annoying to have to stop painting while it saves but it's better than losing changes made to a file. You can select for the app to just save Artrage, rather than all open documents if you want.

Just search for AutoSaver Windows and it will come up- forum not allowing me to paste the link..

4. Please Please give us auto save most apps and graphic software have this why not ArtRage?