Thread: Art or Math Nerdary?

Art or Math Nerdary?

Here's what happens when you let a software engineer loose with ArtRage 6 and the script engine....

You get a Mandelbrot Set, painted with paint daubs by a script which I've hacked around with.

I've attached the script for your amusement... Select a tool which produces vivid but reasonably small dots for a small daub, before running the script. The attached version was done with the water color brush, 10% size, dark blue, set to high pressure and loading and medium thinners. A smaller brush would give better definition of the set but a less painted look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mandeldaub1-Blue.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	342.1 KB 
ID:	97986  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Works for me! Just went and saw the Leonardo daVinci show where they had made models from many of his sketchbooks. There is really no dividing line between art and geekery, at least if one is of the Renaissance persuasion.

Good job!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wow ... did not know scripting in ArtRage was so powerful.

I'm inspired.

Hmmm... thinking scripts might be useful for custom brush head creation... randomization.... a bristle density function... oh what fun!