Thread: Saving Screen Layout

Saving Screen Layout

I've been having a number of crashes using Actions (I've written separate thread about that), but ...

... every time I have a crash I lose my carefully constructed screen layout.

Is there anyway that I've not discovered that I can save my layout of my palettes?

Pat

Well, not as such I’m afraid Pat.
    There is the ArtRage6.prs file (Now called ArtRage7.prs in ArtRage Vitae) that you could retrieve from a system backup, if you keep regular system backups (which of course I’m sure you do!)
    This file holds the info as to how the UI was last time AR was closed normally.
    On a Mac you can find it here: ~(User’s Home Folder)/Library/Application Support/Ambient Design/ArtRage/ArtRage6.prs
    In ArtRage Vitae the path to the ArtRage7.prs file is: ~(User’s Home Folder)/Library/Containers/com.ambientdesign.artragevitae/Data/Library/Application Support/Ambient Design/ArtRage/ArtRage7.prs
    If you don't have regular backups to turn to, then once you have the UI looking the way you want it, close AR and copy/paste the .prs file to some place safe. Then you could copy/paste it back again before relaunching AR if/when you ever need to.

And I suppose in theory you could extend this idea to setting up different UI configurations, close AR, copy the .prs file and put the copy in a folder with a suitable name. And repeat for different UI configurations.
    You would then copy/paste your desired config back into the ArtRage folder before launching AR.
    It’s a bit clunky and just how useful this would actually be I’m not sure.
    Last edited by markw; 04-20-2022 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Updated file and path names for ArtRage Vitae
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks, Mark, this sounds sensible.

I've identified the file (for any Windows user it is here "C:\Users\ThomasPatrick\AppData\Roaming\Ambien t Design\ArtRage\ArtRage6.prs", obviously you will be the User, not me!).

Once I have the set up I will save the .prs file to my Backups on the Desktop.

Will try this later.

Pat

It worked, Mark

I had a crash and copied the .prs file from my backup and my palettes were reinstated.

Thanks,

Pat

Thanks for the update Pat
    Sorry you had another crash but good to know this solution works for you in the heat of battle!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram