Hi!

Although I have had Artrage for several years, I don't use it frequently and colors are not my thing, line art is. I have hit a wall in trying to understand print safe colors - using cmyk, NOT rgb. Once in a while, I create something I would like printed with color, and have discovered I have made the mistake of using rgb colors and what looked good on the screen will turn out to be a bad decision in print form.

I have read some advice on users running their Artrage creation through photoshop to create printsafe colors.

1. I don't have Photoshop. I love Artrage and the economics of cost.

2. I have found threads to col files but the colors are so limited compared to http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Wat...xtra-Fine.html Obviously, if I was more skilled at blending colors I am sure I could arrive to the color I needed.

So my question is the Daniel Smith link has LOTS of colors. I don't understand how to use it. Do I screenshot it and bring it into Artrage as a sample and use the color dropper? Do I click on each color to enter the area and only reference the CMYK values?

Also, is there anything that Artrage has packaged in it that I should be approaching differently to start with when my intention is print output? Are there other alternative methods for converting to cmyk? BTW, I am still on ArtRage 4.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom!