Thread: oil brushes - knife panels - brush continues to draw -possible bug

Exclamation oil brushes - knife panels - brush continues to draw -possible bug

Hello

switching to Artrage 6 is becoming really frustrating.

I must report other anomalies (Not present in ArtRage 3/4/5):

1- In oil brushes
    in creating new brushes and also in the use of existing ones with "0% loading", the deactivation of the "auto-clean" function does not give the desired result: the brush does not work like a dry brush. The brush, dragging the color, draw artifacts on the canvas that do not follow the shape of the brush, whether "Autoclean" is activated or activated.

2- In the knife panels
    The "Flat" and "Edge" knives no longer drag the color like a real knife on canvas, they have an excessively accentuated "Blur" effect: this is not at all realistic.

3- Checking / Changing the order of levels is monstrously slow.

4- Sometimes, while the instrument panels are hidden, During the drawing phase the brush continues to draw, but the tip of the pen of the graphic tablet is no longer in contact with the tablet itself.
    This problem is a huge problem, because we draw things that ruin the painting. I tested the tablet with other applications, but it only happens with artrage 6.

I hope for possible help and clarification.

Thank you.
    Last edited by labsft; 07-22-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by labsft View Post
    Hello

switching to Artrage 6 is becoming really frustrating.

I must report other anomalies (Not present in ArtRage 3/4/5):

1- In oil brushes
    in creating new brushes and also in the use of existing ones with "0% loading", the deactivation of the "auto-clean" function does not give the desired result: the brush does not work like a dry brush. The brush, dragging the color, draw artifacts on the canvas that do not follow the shape of the brush, whether "Autoclean" is activated or activated.

2- In the knife panels
    The "Flat" and "Edge" knives no longer drag the color like a real knife on canvas, they have an excessively accentuated "Blur" effect: this is not at all realistic.

3- Checking / Changing the order of levels is monstrously slow.

4- Sometimes, while the instrument panels are hidden, During the drawing phase the brush continues to draw, but the tip of the pen of the graphic tablet is no longer in contact with the tablet itself.
    This problem is a huge problem, because we draw things that ruin the painting. I tested the tablet with other applications, but it only happens with artrage 6.

I hope for possible help and clarification.

Thank you.

I send 2 screenshots to ask you about my report.
    Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	97881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3).jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	159.5 KB 
ID:	97882

ArtRage 6.0.7 64 bit windows 10
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Dedicated Memory: 6052 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Last edited by labsft; 07-25-2019 at 01:38 AM.

labsft, thank you for reporting all this so I don't have to.

I'm a serious longtime fan, but Artrage is starting to live up to its name. (Was this the evil plan all along??) I've spent a significant number of hours with Artrage 6 now and am crashing it several times every day, for no apparent reason. (i.e. I'm not doing anything remarkable at the time. Previously my crashes tended to be failing to flatten many stickers or something like that.) Of course I've lost quite a lot of work as a result, despite best efforts to save regularly.

Equally time-sapping is the need to undo a stroke which has caused the software to freeze, then draws an unwanted continuation of the line to wherever you're hovering your pen. I believe I'm describing what's mentioned above. I was counting there for a while -- Artrage 6 was freezing about every 50 marks. When doing crosshatch type stuff this is impossible. But then it suddenly came good for a while and I gave up counting.

This is why I'm hanging out for some significant performance improvements over the next few weeks.

Given the proliferation of tricky bugs, I can't understand why there's not an autosave feature. I would enable that pronto. Its absence is so unbelievable I think it must exist and I simply haven't found it? This has probably been discussed elsewhere, but if there's indeed no autosave functionality, can anyone speak to the reasoning behind that?

I have absolutely learnt my lesson over the years and have enabled the iterative saves. Fortunately these haven't been needed yet, as 6 hasn't wiped every layer but one.
    Artrage 6 (etc)
    Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40Ghz 3.40GHz
    Installed RAM 32.0 GB