Thread: Alcohol Marker Presets & Colours

Alcohol Marker Presets & Colours

Markers and manga style rendering was covered by the ArtRage guys a long while ago but for any of you that like using promarkers or copic markers, I've been experimenting with some new presets. I use real promarkers quite a lot in my illustrating and I tend to find the ArtRage felt pen isn't quite fluid or easily blendable to get the smooth and flat blends (they're also better working dark to light which is the opposite of the real ones). I have included a preset for the felt pen for working dark to light and a fluidly watercolour one but I think the custom brush ones are the most satisfying.

I have also created colour palettes based on the real life promarker and brushmarker sets. (The ArtRage guys have already got the copic colours out there on deviant art which are a great set! ).

Marker Presets

Promarker Colour Palettes

Name:  Promarker palette1.jpg
Views: 16826
Size:  50.8 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRage markers_thumb.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	407.2 KB 
ID:	97734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car marker thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	509.6 KB 
ID:	97735

These look really nice, thank you!

No probs. Have a play and let me know what you think. I'm currently working on a replica of a real piece I did but just haven't quite had time to finish it yet. The tone/hue of the colour palettes works well - they just feel slightly more vibrant than the real markers. The main thing I was trying to achieve was the ease of getting smooth flat blending. The real markers continue to bleed into each other after application giving a very smooth tone.

Print from the original on the left and print from the current artrage WIP on the right. (The original does also have a bit of extra detailing and some coloured pencil work over the top which is yet to go in the digital one).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190808_091107.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	318.6 KB 
ID:	97948
    Last edited by NickBussy; 08-08-2019 at 08:24 PM.

amazing. good job

Is Alcohol Markers work well on ur art??
    any try

Totally love alcohol markers! Give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by noahenholm View Post
    Is Alcohol Markers work well on ur art??
    any try
    I've been using alcohol markers for a few years now and can confirm that they are extremely wonderful art tools. I love how easy they are to use and nearly zero clean up! I've set aside some of my traditional acrylic and watercolor paints for now because I am really enjoying alcohol markers so much. Feel free to come visit my site at VeryCreate to learn more. I've tried to compile a number of resources for folks like yourself to help you get started. Cheers!

These are awesome! Thank you!!

Because alcohol-based markers dry rapidly, these markers are a blessing. I use them when I need to paint quickly and don't want to waste time waiting. I can create new work more quickly.

Great color palette. It can be said that alcohol-based markers are one of the most popular forms of art pens. I love using them because unlike watercolor pens and watercolor pencils, alcohol markers do not react with paper, reducing or eliminating surface tearing of your work. They also look equally good when colored without blending.

You should first examine reference photos if you've never colored faces or skin tones previously. By doing this, you can have a general notion of what will be realistic in terms of color selection, the placement of shadows, the way shadows offer depth, etc.

Links Dead

Hi all, the links to the palette and presets no longer work. Has anyone previously downloaded that might be able to share. Thanks in advance.