Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage 6

A minor question about the new Version 6 (Windows version) - has the new version implement any way to open/navigate the main menus by keyboard? i.e. most Windows applications have ALT-"n" shortcuts to open menus, then you can use cursor keys to move up and down the options or can hit further shortcut letters to trigger actions (which are traditionally indicated by underscores) - e.g. "ALT-F" to open the file menu, "ALT-E" to open the edit menu etc. This is pretty handy as you don't have to move your pen up to the menus to do stuff, and if you use lots of applications it's hard to remember all the direct shortcut combinations, so getting to menus fast is pretty handy.

Thank you so much for this!

I am a bit bummed. I bought 5 right before 6 was released. Like, 6 came out on a Monday, and I got 5 on the Thursday before.

Same thing happened to me. I had put off upgrading to 5 because I'd already purchased several previous upgrades over the years, then decided to go for it. Not long after that 6 came out. I would have waited a little longer had I known it was coming and saved my $ since all the upgrades add up. 5 is a lot of fun though, still a lot of stuff to learn.

Contact support. They upgraded me to six, no questions asked. Truly awesome people.

Are the patch notes being posted anywhere? I understand that there's some common/embarrassing bugs due to a new release but it would be nice to know what's being fixed and changed.

Hello rue and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Yes, Andy has been posting some lists of bugs that have been fixed in recent release updates in the Support for Windows & Mac area of the forum.
    6.0.3 https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...build-uploaded
    6.0.4 https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...build-uploaded
    6.0.6 https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...build-uploaded
    6.0.7 https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...ugfix-uploaded
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Playing with AR6 Custom Brushes

Ok... this does not by any stretch show all that can be done with the new depth capabilities, but here is a sample of the results of playing around with new AR6 custom brush engine.

I am still just so impressed with the new custom brush engine of AR6!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PlayingwithArtRage6CustomBrushes.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	98033

Yes, it is a wonder DarkOwnt!
    All we need now is for home printers that can read the depth maps from an AR file while using some kind of polymer ink!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Is there a User Guide for AR6 available? I need to get a better understanding of several of the new options in Custom Brush Designer and other areas. Out of the box ArtRage is always very easy to use, but when wanting to customize elements heavily it is sometimes not clear what certain sliders actually do. Worth the upgrade cost, look forward to seeing what all you bring us in the future as well.

Also, is there any way to get these content updates more frequently? Is it just a question of popularity and thus number of individuals buying and using ArtRage?

Edit: Another question, is there a way to add the Depth slider to the Custom Brush for when paint depth is added? It's nice to have custom bristle oil effects there now, really awesome, but I would love to see better methods of controlling the depth then just loading. Also the loading feels like it should be controlling the loading of all the paint, like it does with the oil brush when you have activated the effects of paint texture in Custom Brush (so when the paint thickness runs out, so too does the color).
    Last edited by Delofasht; 09-20-2019 at 04:35 PM.