Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage 6

Does anybody know how long the discount (for owners of a previous version) is available? Does it expire, if so, when?
    Thanks...

Hello a_dt,
    If you own a previous full version of AR then there is a “standing” discount of 50%. And if upgrading from AR Lite, it’s 30%.
    And any Store Sale discounts are added to the standing Upgrade discount
    You can find more info on upgrading here: https://www.artrage.com/upgrades/
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I am always super-excited when ArtRage announces a new version, and the new features look great. I notice however that the 'Drip Spike' feature in watercolour has vanished on my first update with ArtRage 6? And I also noticed that the watercolour brush is a little slower than ArtRage 5 on my Windows 10 setup. So maybe I will keep to ArtRage 5 for watercolour work. Does anyone else notice this?

Hello friendz777 and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    I know how you feel when there’s a new ArtRage release!
    The “Drip Spike” control was an oversight by Andy and wasn’t supposed to be “visible” to users, nor was it actually connected to any current brush parameters.
    As for the Watercolour Brush speed in AR6, yes sadly you are all too right about that and I’ve made a post about it.
    Hopefully it will get a fix soon but as you say until then we have AR5 we can use.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Is it just me? But I have noticed that in ArtRage 6, using Windows 10, the watercolour brush is slower than Artrage 5. I think I will have to use Artrage 5 for my watercolour work and ArtRage 6 for all other.

Fear not, Andy has fixed the watercolour brush in the latest build, v6.0.3, which you can download now from the Members Area.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Thanks markw. The update appears to have fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello a_dt,
    “standing” discount
    So, my question was not IF there are discounts and how much, but:
    how long the discount (for owners of a previous version) is available? Does it expire, if so, when?
    ===> WHAT means "standing"??? for ever? Or, if there will be a Version 7, the discount expires completely?
    I am considering purchasing but not sure (I have the version 5)

another question:
    I would like to know if I have the latest version of 5!! is there a way to download the latest 5 version if I don't?
    I have 5.0.8

I say “standing” because as far as we know there is no expiry date for the 50% discount (30% for Lite users) when upgrading to a new version of ArtRage.
    It has been generously offered by Ambient Design to it’s existing customers for many years now whenever they upgrade. Be it from v2 to v6 or v5 to v6 etc...

As to the last release version of AR5 yes that was v5.0.8.
    Past purchases are always available for re-download from the Members Area where you registered your copy of AR5.
    The version that will download for discontinued versions like AR5 will be the last retail version for that product before it was discontinued.
    Last edited by markw; 07-06-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

ooh that sounds Fun!
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~