Thread: Help with tablets

Help with tablets

Do most of you use a tablet and if you do is it easier than the mouse? Which tablets are recommended? Thank you for your answers.

Hello Fredflames and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Yes we do!, and for me it’s almost unquantifiably easier to draw and paint with a pen & tablet than a mouse!
    As for makes, I’m a Wacom man myself, but I hear good things about Huion tablets.
    The more obscure and cheep makes of tablets may seem like a good idea at first but the more obscure the make the higher the possibility that the drivers won’t work properly with your OS and apps. So do keep that in mind.
    Don’t rush into it, do your research and buy the best you can afford or reasonably justify spending.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

One additional annotation: To paint and draw with the stylus of a tablet is not only easier. The other verry important argument for it is, that you are able to paint strokes with variable thickness and opacity (depends on wich tool and what presets you use), because of the pressure sensitivity.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I am very new to this, I only doodle at home. I went into art years ago for one semester at a local university. I left and started working in everything but drawing and painting, so my abilities and knowledge are limited. I do understand computers, however this part of the computer world, dealing with drawing and painting is still new to me. Thanks again, I will look further into the tablets. No doubt, it must be easier compared to the mouse, just wanted to confirm my suspicions about them.

Thanks for the extra

Thank you for the extra info. I watched a YouTube video and it seemed very easy to change tools around while working. It might be a while before I get to any decent level using them, but I see how it goes. Thanks again for the extra insight.

Wacom or Huion should work okay. Have an old Medion graphics tablet yet went to there web site and could not find any graphics tablets available as products to purchase there, they must have discontinued graphic tablets.

Wacom is more expensive yet works without batteries, whereas Huion does require batteries yet one battery will last very long time. Nibs for the tablet pens can become a problem in some situations, both models have their pros and cons.

When purchasing a graphic tablet you really need to consider and plan for use. Take into consideration all programs you intend to use with the tablet, another consideration is operating system. You may find that one tablet or the other will not run with certain programs or operating systems while another is better, so many variables to consider here if you intend to get optimal use from a graphic tablet.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Thank you

Oh wow, thanks, everyone has been helpful, thank you. I will probably be way more efficient at selecting a tablet, (computer techie), than the art part. I have started drawing again, but unfortunately I didn't stay in college art long enough for the important training all those years back. So I will have to put way more time in drawing and learning how to paint than looking for the tablet. That is a good thing, because I will probably pick a decent tablet, especially after all the help for you guys, thanks. Wish I could say the same for my art work..

I should place far additional time in attracting and figuring out how to paint than searching for the tablet. That is something to be thankful for, on the grounds that I will likely pick a conventional tablet, particularly after all the assistance for you folks, much appreciated. Wish I could state the equivalent for my fine art. Thanks