Thread: Airbrush-Problem: opaque streaks form a hard edged core (like posterization)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Airbrush-Problem: opaque streaks form a hard edged core (like posterization)

Hi!

I have a problem with the Airbrush-Tool. Whenever I paint with dark colors so that the Airbrush-Streak is a gradient from a soft edge to, for example, opaque black, the black appears as a hard edged area in the midst of the streak. As an example to show what I mean, I attached a picture of the problem. In fact it isn't possible to paint a soft gradient from transparent to full black with the Airbrush-Tool, no matter what adjustions I make or if I try it by laying many streaks one over each other.. That is verry ugly and annoying, and it only happens when I work with ArtRage (5.0.8). It does'nt happen with Krita or MyPaint. What could be the reason for it? And are there any preferences to avoid that?

My OS is Windows 10 Home, my Computer a Dell XPS 8930, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU, 8 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB, my Tablet is an old Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch CTH-470.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRage-Problem.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	308.1 KB 
ID:	97702  
    Last edited by Somerset; 06-23-2019 at 05:02 AM. Reason: correction