Thread: Apple Pencil Stroke Issues

Apple Pencil Stroke Issues

Hi, I am using a 2019 iPad Mini with Apple Pencil. Drawing on a 2000 x 2000 canvas, I consistently get 'gaps' in the strokes that I make. This happens in about 9/10 strokes. Speed doesn't seem to affect it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	97461
    This seems to happen on all tools, but it's most apparent on the airbrush, since tools like the Pen tool bridge the gaps once the stylus is lifted.
    I've tried every combination of pressure sensitivity setting. The Pencil works fine in other apps.
    I was really hoping to use Artrage on my iPad, because I love it on my desktop. But the inability to get consistent results from the airbrush (one of my most-used tools) is a dealbreaker for me.

That's not something I've seen with the Pencil. It looks like the stroke input is breaking up - If you Undo, does the entire stroke undo or does it only Undo to the point that you see the break? Also, could you let me know the version number of ArtRage and the iOS version you're using?

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    That's not something I've seen with the Pencil. It looks like the stroke input is breaking up - If you Undo, does the entire stroke undo or does it only Undo to the point that you see the break? Also, could you let me know the version number of ArtRage and the iOS version you're using?
    Artrage is version 2.4.0, and iOS is version 12.2.
    Pressing 'undo' removes the entire stroke.

If the entire stroke is being undone then it looks like the stroke input isn't actually breaking up. It's possible that there's a pressure fluctuation causing the tools to suddenly act as if the pencil was being applied with no pressure.

It might be easiest to troubleshoot this via email. Could you get in touch with us via [email protected] and let us know if you use the Paint Roller whether you see breaks in the stroke, or whether the stroke varies in how much paint is being applied (higher pressure causes less paint to apply to the surface, lower pressure causes more so the grain shows through less). That should give me a good starting point for working out some steps to test this!