Thread: acrylic paint Artrage 5

acrylic paint Artrage 5

I know Art rage has Oil and water color programmed in the software. Has anyone happened to design a brush for an acrylic like feel? Will there be any movement in future ArtRage expansions that include acrylic paint?

I'm sorry it took me so long to find this for you -- years ago Fashmir posted this:

"Fashmir
    09-29-2012, 05:56 PM
    ...My experience with both kinds of paint in the physical world is that when they are in their wet viscous state, they behave very similarly. It is the drying time that is perhaps the primary distinguishing factor. For me the oil brush tool is the closest you will find to acrylics in ArtRage. You can experiment with the insta-dry setting and using layers to treat the paint as "dry" to approach the speeds of acrylic painting. The thing you won't find in ArtRage is a period of painting time where the paint dries and becomes more tacky and eventually dry in real time. It is either wet or dry not somewhere in between. That said you can also experiment with the loading setting and get some feeling of "dry brushing" in your work."

I hope his post helps you create your own settings (and share them?). I can't find a reference to anyone having made a specific set of presets for acrylic brushes. Screenpainter's posts have a set of brushes which you might be able to find by looking through his posts, although I don't know how to re-post them. I provided Fashmir's post by cut&paste.
    Happy Raging to you,
    Sue Ellen.