Thread: Ruth Buzzi from Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In TV Series

Ruth Buzzi from Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In TV Series

This digital image of Ruth Buzzi was painted from the days of her appearance and starring in the TV series Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In. This show ran from the late 1960's through the early 1970's. Ruth Buzzi played the character role of many zany and flippant characters, the most memorable was Gladys. As the character Gladys she was seen often appearing in a park bench setting with another character named Tyrone. Tyrone appeared to be much older than her as he constantly tried to put the make on Gladys, a situation that always lead to some very funny comedy lines. Ruth Buzzi appeared in every episode of the entire Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In series.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruth Buzzi 2nd 7AR Signed 2R.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	241.9 KB 
ID:	97603  
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 05-16-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lo Piano View Post
    This digital image of Ruth Buzzi was painted from the days of her appearance and starring in the TV series Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In. This show ran from the late 1960's through the early 1970's. Ruth Buzzi played the character role of many zany and flippant characters, the most memorable was Gladys. As the character Gladys she was seen often appearing in a park bench setting with another character named Tyrone. Tyrone appeared to be much older than her as he constantly tried to put the make on Gladys, a situation that always lead to some very funny comedy lines. Ruth Buzzi appeared in every episode of the entire Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In series.
    This is one of the better ones of you.. I think you should continue on it a bit. Some stuff can be improved.. Like her hand and the hair
    Last edited by danny72; 05-17-2019 at 06:42 AM.

I just watched a Netflix thing they did to commemorate the old Laugh-In Show from the 60s. So I recently had a chance to see her then and now on the show. Good likeness. She was something of an icon back then.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

danny72, your absolutely correct about improvements, went back and did a little bit of such.

I have to be honest and say here that throughout my endeavors of art work I have never created an image with one hundred percent satisfaction and a mental sense that this image is complete. No matter how long or short my time span is working or how detailed to perfection the attempt I never have felt satisfied with any painting, drawing, etc. that I have created. Too often I keep finding things I believe need improvement and work the image to a point where humans start to look like a plastic mannequin and landscape scenes deteriorate. As a result of this dissatisfaction I have to use some discretion on where to stop and let it be. Could very well be I am just not that good at creating artwork, using my ability to sell artwork as a barometer that would be a good conclusion since I cannot seem to sell anything. Anyway it's still a hobby.

You did bring to my attention here something that definitely needed improvement and possibly more to follow. Here's the first step to attempt improvement.

Name:	Ruth Buzzi 2nd 9AR.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	97618  
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lo Piano View Post
    danny72, your absolutely correct about improvements, went back and did a little bit of such.

I have to be honest and say here that throughout my endeavors of art work I have never created an image with one hundred percent satisfaction and a mental sense that this image is complete. No matter how long or short my time span is working or how detailed to perfection the attempt I never have felt satisfied with any painting, drawing, etc. that I have created. Too often I keep finding things I believe need improvement and work the image to a point where humans start to look like a plastic mannequin and landscape scenes deteriorate. As a result of this dissatisfaction I have to use some discretion on where to stop and let it be. Could very well be I am just not that good at creating artwork, using my ability to sell artwork as a barometer that would be a good conclusion since I cannot seem to sell anything. Anyway it's still a hobby.

You did bring to my attention here something that definitely needed improvement and possibly more to follow. Here's the first step to attempt improvement.
    It's hard to do.. I know.. And like you said .. it's can be like plastic.. use the zoom in and zoom out. Mostly then you can
    See the fails. .. I'm always to quick to share. Unfinished work.. The only thing that's important is that you have fun with painting. It was not my meaning to put you down. But to help you.. I would like to see the reference picture. And look at the hand ..

Some additional changes made here. Seems like a good point to let it be.

Name:	Ruth Buzzi 2nd 12AR Signed.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	272.0 KB 
ID:	97624