Thread: Master Study

Master Study

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NeugebauerAllison_MasterStudysmall.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	229.9 KB 
ID:	97547

For my digital painting class we were tasked with recreating a piece by a chosen master in ArtRage. I chose La Dormeuse by Tamara De Lempicka. Here is the finished piece, let me know what you think.

Got to love Deco for the gorgeous stylistic representations. This one is particularly cool because it has some emotion attached to it. So it's very satisfying on a couple levels at the very least. You should be quite pleased with it. Good choice to copy too.

Often, one can too easily get tangled up in technique alone where it becomes about the paint effects like glazing or exact brush strokes that one loses the essence of the picture. But this style really lends itself to what the computer lets us reach. Besides that, it's a beautifully designed painting. You look like you got inside the head of the artist. Congrats!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Una muy buena obra de arte digital...(Y un saludo a Lempicka)
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Nice work! As soon as I saw the image, I know it was to emulate Tamara Lempicka! I studied her work for a project some years back. Well done!
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM