Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Color Picker

If you download the image below, you could add it as a custom colour picker.

This only really works if the colour picker is set to HS/L mode.

To do this, click on the current colour at the bottom right of the picker and choose HS/L Picker from the list.

Now add the custom colour picker like this:

Click the current colour at the bottom right of the picker and choose 'Custom Colour Pickers'

The custom colour picker panel will open.

Choose a group to add the new picker on the left ( I just chose 'Pickers )

Click the 'Import Picker' button then browse to the image file you downloaded ( Cellular Picker.png ), select it and choose 'Open'

You should then see it added to the current custom picker group.

Click it and close the panel.

This was made using a similar method to the one Roma Golich described.
    I took a screenshot of the colour picker, pasted it into Irfanview, cropped it then reduced the colour depth

I hope this is of some help!

EDIT: Replaced image with a better version

Name:  Cellular Picker.png
Views: 1329
Size:  7.9 KB

Pleasant to the eye!

By the way, do you plan to transform the ar into a ctor (in a Common Obj Model-based style?) — UI Object Model (custom panels with UI-controls to run/control the loaded scripts, e.g.), DocObjModel, Pluggable Script Engines (like ms Active Scripting), Real-Time Concurrent Scripts (event handlers), Pluggable Tool Engines, Sandbox, and the core artRage as a 3d-blackboard (core 3d algorithms, like BSP Tree, scheduling, platform abstraction layer, etc.) ?

Please! Add a hot-keys for the „Rotation“.

We don't have any plans to expose the application to external modifications at this time, but the Scripting Engine can actually do a bunch of stuff already that relates to this, including the generation of UI panels for custom defined input values.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    If you download the image below, you could add it as a custom colour picker.
    This only really works if the colour picker is set to HS/L mode.

I hope this is of some help!

EDIT: Replaced image with a better version

Name:  Cellular Picker.png
Views: 1329
Size:  7.9 KB
    Thanks DaveRage.
    You've created a very nice approximation.
    However i have to point out that it's missing the shading and tinting values in the original image.
    Each hue should range from black to white.

As this is a custom picker it's not possible to provide a low bit-depth version that does every hue in full luminance/saturation range. The main body of the picker is a static image so all you can approximate is 2 dimensions of the colour triad, in this case Hue and Saturation.

The original screenshot isn't possible in ArtRage itself, that's just poor video compression reducing the bit depth of the live colour picker.

In case anyone's wondering, this is what the custom picker I posted above would look like when used in ArtRage.

The outer ring can't be replaced as this is procedurally generated. This controls the Luminance of the colour selected in the main area of the colour picker.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

removed removed
    Last edited by roma Golich; 04-17-2019 at 06:49 PM.