Thread: New to Artrage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ArtRage will work best with a drawing tablet rather than a mouse. You can use ArtRage on current macOS and Windows systems.

I'd recommend a tablet as it makes drawing and painting more natural due to precision and the ability for strokes to respond to stylus pressure.

There are a range of tablets available. We primarily use Wacom tablets but forum users may also have some feedback on what they're using which could help.

Hello
    Just to echo Dave, yes a tablet is a must I think.
    I would always recommend a Wacom, but they are very expensive and primarily aimed at the Pro market.
    Perhaps a Huion might be a cheaper alternative. I think quite a few users here have them. Maybe one of them will chip in here with recomendations…
    As for the actual computer get something with as fast a CPU as you can afford as ArtRage is CPU intensive.
    Next on the list I would say is as much fast RAM as you can afford.
    Next an SSD hard-drive if possible, though not a must have.
    As for the GPU, ArtRage doesn’t use it that much. I think it would only really be important if you were using multiple large high definition displays, but that seems an unlikely need for an 11 year old!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram