Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnolia

Magnolia

More or less finished, but I am not really happy with the background... to light? not enough contrast? too much green? Thanks for suggestions!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magnolia-72.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	97367

The simple blurred background works well, presenting a unifying and soothing softness. If you consider a darker background, you may want to look at the photographs by Jim Wickless at http://www.naturepicoftheday.com/pho...r/jim_wickless. He handles them well. Nonetheless, you have created an utterly delightful painting. The petals are delectable. What medium did you use? Looks like airbrush. Fine work!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Forge View Post
    The simple blurred background works well, presenting a unifying and soothing softness. If you consider a darker background, you may want to look at the photographs by Jim Wickless at http://www.naturepicoftheday.com/pho...r/jim_wickless. He handles them well. Nonetheless, you have created an utterly delightful painting. The petals are delectable. What medium did you use? Looks like airbrush. Fine work!
    Thank you Jack! I used airbrush for the base color, e.g. light purple for the more pink petals, and then used my favorite tool, the soft pastels, for the rest.

I like this painting. When I look at the pedals I get a feeling of softness that you caught. Agree with Jack about the background.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Beautiful painting. Great work

This is really beautiful.

Wonderful delicate look to this!

Loving the colours. And the background is just right for this piece. Well done!

This is stunning! I am loving it! Well done!

Beautiful painting. Almost photographic. The blurred background gives it a nearly realistic Depth-Of-Field-Effect. You could test if another blossom with a lesser blur between the foreground and the background would give a better effect. But I think it is verry fine just as it is.