Thread: Why does the program only give you one brush?

Why does the program only give you one brush?

In Corel Painter you can choose from Filberts, Rounds, Flats, etc.

How do I get these other brushes in Artrage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF60aeHlxUk

This should help for starters.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

We take a slightly different approach with our tools - Rather than provide 'hundreds of brushes' which are actually just preset variants, we provide the core tool (in this case an Oil Brush) and expose settings to allow that tool to be adjusted to fit many different styles.

Our tool settings control both the nature of the brush (Aspect, Stiffness etc. relate to the brush type) and the paint that's being applied (Thinners etc.), so you can get other variants of oil brushes through editing those settings and saving presets.

Hope that helps clarify!

Well you have to admit that Art Rage is the only program where you can squeeze paint out of a tube and apply the output with a palette knife in a virtual computer environment the same way you would using natural media tools. I agree with MattRage here about adjusting to fit many different styles, there is a wide variety of options using the tools effectively.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.