Thread: [AR5] Copying multiple layers from one document to another.

[AR5] Copying multiple layers from one document to another.

Hi Guys, I'm guessing there has to be an easier way to do this.

I have 2 documents with lots of layers and would like to merge them while retaining ALL the layers.

Currently I open both documents (good addition to v5) then copy and paste each layer one at a time. Can't find a way to select multiple layers:-( This is both slow and tedious.

Import Layer, merges all the incoming layers into a single layer, not good for what I need.

Anyone found a better way?

cheers
    Bill

Unfortunately there isn't a way to copy multiple layers or merge documents like that currently. I'll see if I can think of a workaround, but I do want to look in to the possibility of multiple layer copy (or document move) in the future.

Might be a nice addition, but there are alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Unfortunately there isn't a way to copy multiple layers or merge documents like that currently. I'll see if I can think of a workaround, but I do want to look in to the possibility of multiple layer copy (or document move) in the future.
    This change would be a welcome addition and you might want to consider creating an external utility to perform this task, but I wouldn't spend a lot of time on this.

Now that I understand that this feature change probably won't occur soon, I will have to perform this task using Photoshop, which is fine (and something that creating this response helped foster.)