Thread: Christmas Gift

Christmas Gift

I received as Christmas gift, an artist set with just about every medium and supplies you could want. It even came in a nice wood case. My oldest son ask me about it before he got it if I would use it. I said sure. I still haven't used it. It is going to be a challenge because I haven't pick up a real brush in about 13 years. I have got out of practice. all I used for the past 13 years is Art Rage.

Well, first -- congrats on the gift! I think the giver is hinting that he would love a picture done by your hand that he can hang in his home. Just a guess. The encouragement is all there.

If you wouldn't get too bored, you could do a version in ArtRage to work out all the bugs and get the composition and such just right and then use that digital image to paint from with real paints.

That way it's just a matter of a small shift rather than looking at a blank canvas and a ton of new art supplies and being daunted by thoughts like, "Holy crappola! I haven't touched anything like this in over 13 years!"

Go for it and have some fun!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You can develop your skills again. You already have some kind of knowledge base, watch videos, look like courses.

Yes I have a lot of ideas running around in my mind about new projects. One is to do a series of paintings based on from a time a soldier is deployed to He comes home. I want to do in as a pictorial book based on letters written during that time period. I have already completed two ,Saying Goodbye and Letters From Home. Another one is too make miniature scenes based on some of my paintings.