Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Philosopher's residence.

Gallery
    View images

Philosopher's residence.

hello there everyone.... those grand landscapes from movies like LOTR, were in the back of my mind while painting this, but what u are seeing here, is all from scratch and without any reference. its all visualised and painted in artrage -1, using tablet. a bit (very very little) was done in painter as well. i deliberatedly, exaggerated the values and stuff, to achieve what i had in my mind.

hope u like it...

cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Gallery
    View images

Superb

Fantastic Waheed!

You seem to have a ball of light that you roll into paintings.

You and Maror are costing me a lot of money for printer cartridges!
    It's the dark backgrounds
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    i need a reference for most things i paint, maybe with time...a long time...i can just picture it in my head, and lay it down....

amazing picture, i like the way you used more than one colour in the dark sky , cool

Gallery
    View images
    amazing! honestly, i think you should be working on movies like LOTR - your stuff deserves to be brought to life!

it seems as though alot of your work moves between artrage and painter, and i am wondering what you are doing in painter that can't be done in artrage?
    if it's not fun, what's the point?

Gallery
    View images
    That's wonderful. I really like the mood you conveyed using a very limited color pallette.

Gallery
    View images
    Another brilliant piece of work Waheednasir, dark and lively all at the same time.Just love it. Wow. Regards,Tony

Gallery
    View images
    Excellent...another WOW. Do you sell your paintings? (Or should I ask if you are a rich men? ;-))

@Aged P

Sorry :wink: I try too use more white backgrounds :P

All the best

maror

Gallery
    View images
    So beautiful! You capture light wonderfully. And the distance from which we are seeing the residence (unless it's just very, very small) really gives the environment a most majestic feel.

- Gita

Gallery
    View images
    Yup, I'm with everyone else here. You have a real command of light and shadow. Awesome stuff!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images

thanks...

a Big Thank u to aged p, enchanter, hype, erika, tony, maror, gita and andy....
    aged p, so sorry about the cost....
    hype...i do paint matte paintings tht are inco-orporated in 3d evironmets, at work. i might be sharing a matte painting of mine here, lets see. and these days im working for a film for some european studio, making matte paintings. doing it as a freelance work. working for huge studios and for movies like LOTR would certainly be very exciting....
    i do pure matte paintings in photoshop, as there is a certain demand of look, something like real shoot - photo realism. if i want a painterly look, i just click on artrage.....
    not everytime i use other softwares with artrage, most of my artrage paintings are just pure artrage work. here only a very dim glow for light rays were done in painter.
    maror...i do sell my paintings, real canvases and digital. but u know, i dont paint keeping the commercial aspect in my mind, i just paint what i like. dont do that commercially, but if someone is interested, i do sell.
    not a rich man though....

thank u so much once again for your time....
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com