Thread: Landscape

Landscape

Hi all,

I have been busy with ArtRage today and thought I'd try to recreate one of my acrylic paintings from scratch.
    On the left is a (bad) photo of the original painting, on the right the version I made in ArtRage:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Both-Dawn.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	97195

What do you think?
    I am very please with how easy and intuitive the program is. Although it will surely take a while until I discovered all the possibilities... :-D

-Tanja

Yes. There are a lot of possibilities. Sometimes it gets really experimental and new tricks and looks appear. But judging from your paintings side by side, I can see you have nailed a perfect parallel with the real world acrylics as you painted in your original. Big success there which much be satisfying. Good stuff.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Yes. There are a lot of possibilities. Sometimes it gets really experimental and new tricks and looks appear. But judging from your paintings side by side, I can see you have nailed a perfect parallel with the real world acrylics as you painted in your original. Big success there which much be satisfying. Good stuff.
    Thank you D Akey! I figured I try to use the same tools as in the real painting, for instance the paint tube as substitute for the modelling paste I used in the acrylic painting to create some texture with a painting knife. I also found some really good acrylic brushed here in the forum, which I tweaked a bit to resemble the dry-brush technique I like to use. But some effects were better with tools I would not use in the real painting, for example the soft pastel tool to recreate the broken color areas... So much more to discover!!

Hi,

That is a really good copy of your own .....wondering about your speed in drawing......good style

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Hi,

That is a really good copy of your own .....wondering about your speed in drawing......good style
    Thank you DST! I have a rather loose style, sometimes with one or two more detailed elements... usually it does not take too long to paint, some hours. The digital one took about 2 hours I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TMUCW View Post
    Thank you DST! I have a rather loose style, sometimes with one or two more detailed elements... usually it does not take too long to paint, some hours. The digital one took about 2 hours I think.
    okay....i love details and work now one year on my red dragon ) you can see him in forum unfinnished ) lots of ideas every day to perfect the picture can not really find any end........................but thats fun for me

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    okay....i love details and work now one year on my red dragon ) you can see him in forum unfinnished ) lots of ideas every day to perfect the picture can not really find any end........................but thats fun for me
    Yes I saw this one, amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by TMUCW View Post
    Yes I saw this one, amazing work!
    Oh thank you.......i do my best