Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can u paint in Artrage with this technique?

Can u paint in Artrage with this technique?

WORKSTATION : Intel Quad Core i7 4790K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 970 MSI, 2x SDD + 5 TB HDD, INTUOS PRO MEDIUM, 2x DELL IPS 24'' ,Canon Eos 7D, Software: Photoshop Cs 6, Painter 12 Anniversary Ed. , Artrage 4.5 etc.

MY PF: http://www.megamodels.pl/arturjutkowiak/portfolio/1#p

PROMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_JQOSsdYF0

I don't think so? I've not had more than maybe 15 mins. experience with not managing it but it's always been an interesting thought to be able to do a sort of split trough (printer's term) thing in a single stroke. Decorative painters do it in the real world. I'll keep watching to see if anyone says they could achieve it. I am not the most experienced with the tools but when I had briefly tried long ago I couldn't make it work. Good luck though.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

removed removed
    Last edited by roma Golich; 04-17-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roma Golich View Post
    The English isn't my native language, so there would be mistakes.
    Attachment 97124
    The „autoRefill“ setting isn't implemented in the ar5.0.8. Am I wrong? We need the checkbox „autorefill“ and two — may be more — radiobuttons: „with the previous paint pattern“ and „with the Color Picker's color“. Also we need the „Clean C.Brush“ feature.
    The features has been implicitly implemented, but where are the Controls (checkbox and radio buttons) to control those?
    Very clever. I cannot answer the AR questions, but the art ones I'm excited about.

I can see how that can be primed with the tube colors of choice and then drawn out into whatever pattern one wants. One of the original effects one was looking to achieve was doing repeated single decorative strokes as with flower petals circling a center. So doing one stroke on a layer and erasing out the tube paint globs that you started with, and then using copy and paste and adjusting the positioning of each petal you could pull this off. Or you might be able to turn the original petal into a sticker that you could save. The only down side is that it requires extra steps, so it's not immediate. But you could likely get the look you're after.

I'm impressed, Roma Golich. Thanks.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Donna Dewberry calls this technique "one stroke painting". I have found a workaround for digital but it's painstaking. The oilbrush must be cleaned before each stroke so Auto Clean must be on. Also the paint on the 'scrap' needs to be 'undone' after each sample is taken to refill the brush with a fresh mix of the two colours.

Scrap with paint - draw the oil brush thru the two colours - brush needs to have one of the colours loaded to pick up colour. I used a stencil for the flower for convenience but it can be free handed like the 'leaves'. With practice you could get some interesting results.
    Name:  flower2.JPG
Views: 669
Size:  14.8 KB Name:  flower.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  97.2 KB
    Last edited by Enug; 01-20-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

removed removed
    Last edited by roma Golich; 04-17-2019 at 06:55 PM. Reason: _Precise_ mode cursor on the _Scrap_

We have considered approaches to multicolour loading a number of times in the past but haven't done any final implementations due to the additional complexity it adds to a basic loading system. This is something we might consider in the future, the feature definitely has potential, but it's something that also has the potential to make the app too fiddly to deal with so it's not something we're looking at in the short term.

removed removed
    Last edited by roma Golich; 04-17-2019 at 06:55 PM.

ciao Golich! Sei di Roma?
    //
    Stefano Fiore - Rome/Italy (Misterpaint)
    // Tablet Wacom Intuos 4 Medium- XP SP3
    // My Portfolio: http://www.stefanofiorearte.com
    // 3D Art Gallery for all artists (my web project) http://www.grifioartgallery.com

Io abito a ...
    Last edited by roma Golich; 04-17-2019 at 06:55 PM.